Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    Hey there!

    I am reviving my HP Veer as a bit of a hobby project, and am trying to get things working in this 2015 world.

    I've been having issues with getting the WebOS browser to open m.facebook.com. I've attached what I get below... has anyone seen this before?

    I've used Preware to run GlobaSign Root Certificate and Certificate Grabber, but these haven't changed the issue. Would love any insights!

    I'm on 2.1.2
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    Unfortunately the Veer in 2.1.2 has that problem.. There are other threads that mention it and there is no way to solve it in 2.1.2 from what I understand. What I did was to upgrade to 2.2.4, that way Facebook works again on the Veer. Check for the pros and cons between versions and decide what is best for your needs.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
  3. #3  
    I have had that on some sites - an attempt to download an odd file which of course is an unsupported type. Maybe it's a fault or the age of the browser.

    There is a broader range of certificates now available from frantid - see the service pack link below. If facebook uses Globalsign, then it won't help...
  4. #4  
    Confirming that on a 2.2.4 Veer it worked still
    Do not know in which drawer I have it stuck away to test currently

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by samharen View Post
    Hey there!

    I am reviving my HP Veer as a bit of a hobby project, and am trying to get things working in this 2015 world.

    I've been having issues with getting the WebOS browser to open m.facebook.com. I've attached what I get below... has anyone seen this before?

    I've used Preware to run GlobaSign Root Certificate and Certificate Grabber, but these haven't changed the issue. Would love any insights!

    I'm on 2.1.2
    I had the same isue. you have to change the browser user agent, i put the same as google chrome and it worked for mi.

    there are some post in the forum explaining how to change the user agent.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10/03/2010, 04:01 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08/20/2010, 06:14 PM
  3. Browser - Facebook page issue
    By robertbruce1975 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05/27/2010, 09:33 AM
  4. facebook.com Viewing Problems
    By mxam in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12/31/2009, 02:15 AM
  5. WebOS Browser issue
    By hugoland in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12/13/2009, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions