• 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 5 Post By KURT B
  • 3 Post By Herrie
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
  • 2 Post By jccjmml7
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 4 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    A friend is Purchasing Director at a fairly large electronics reseller, and has invited me to be her +1 guest at an event hosted by "HP Mobile" (whatever that means).

We'll have to sit through some propaganda presentation, but then we're free to play in some new adult arcade-type place with a bowling alley and ropes climbing course. (it's called Main Event) Not really worth my time, except...

...i'll be delighted to bring my Veer and Touchpad! Two of HP's best mobile devices! I'll be asking if they plan to develop any more awesome products that they'll then abandon. I'll be sure to ask if any of their new products will go on firesale soon.

1. if you can think of any other pertinent questions for the HP rep who will soon hate me, please mention them here!

2. also, i'm powering on my Veer for the first time since server shutdown. I guess there won't be any profile conflict reboots, since the server is just gone now. But please advise what else i should probably do to the phone now. it's wifi only right now, inactive sim installed, still has a profile identity but is in dev mode. Amazingly, the battery is at 89% after living in its box for quite a while.

- delete and replace Preware with WOSQI to update it.
    - install cert grabber app to bring gmail online
    - install root cert app (idk what benefit this has without the OpenSSL thing yet. any??)
    - anything else i forgot?

hopefully i'll get to harrass a few HPeople or just blow their minds with the little phone they probably all forgot. But hey, free bowling!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Rnp, Alibamboo, poehoes and 6 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    A friend is Purchasing Director at a fairly large electronics reseller, and has invited me to be her +1 guest at an event hosted by "HP Mobile" (whatever that means).

We'll have to sit through some propaganda presentation, but then we're free to play in some new adult arcade-type place with a bowling alley and ropes climbing course. (it's called Main Event) Not really worth my time, except...

...i'll be delighted to bring my Veer and Touchpad! Two of HP's best mobile devices! I'll be asking if they plan to develop any more awesome products that they'll then abandon. I'll be sure to ask if any of their new products will go on firesale soon.

1. if you can think of any other pertinent questions for the HP rep who will soon hate me, please mention them here!

2. also, i'm powering on my Veer for the first time since server shutdown. I guess there won't be any profile conflict reboots, since the server is just gone now. But please advise what else i should probably do to the phone now. it's wifi only right now, inactive sim installed, still has a profile identity but is in dev mode. Amazingly, the battery is at 89% after living in its box for quite a while.

- delete and replace Preware with WOSQI to update it.
    - install cert grabber app to bring gmail online
    - install root cert app (idk what benefit this has without the OpenSSL thing yet. any??)
    - anything else i forgot?

hopefully i'll get to harrass a few HPeople or just blow their minds with the little phone they probably all forgot. But hey, free bowling!
    With OpenSSL-Updater (in Alpha feed) you don't need the Cert Grabber app anymore
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    With OpenSSL-Updater (in Alpha feed) you don't need the Cert Grabber app anymore
    thanks for mentioning this, but i was hoping it would have gone to beta by now so i didn't have to mess around with the more advanced install requirements.
    Because i just read through the "how to enable alpha feeds" and the disclaimers scared me, and the command line parts are confusing.

i will take a stab at it. is it done through wosqi command window?

EDIT: ok i did it i think. now i'm in preware and typed Open. it has several things, including OpenSSL but shows last updated in 2010. I don't see the word "updater" in any choice

EDIT AGAIN; ok i see in Manage Feeds I could toggle on the alphas. holy smokes, i did it. THANKS!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/05/2015 at 11:29 AM.
    vgg likes this.
    Ask them when are they going to fire Meg and get a REAL CEO...Jon Rubinstein or Ed Colligan.
    Department heads to be Andy Grignon, Rob Tsuk, Rich Dellinger, and Matias Duarte.
    Done.
    Last edited by KURT B; 11/05/2015 at 12:38 PM.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Ask them when are they going to fire Meg and get a REAL CEO...Jon Rubinstein or Ed Colligan.
    Department heads to be Andy Grignon, Rob Tsuk, Rich Dellinger, and Matias Duarte.
    Done.
    Mattias Duarte has acute memory loss when it comes to webOS :'( Stand up for your creations, but no....

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Hmmm... I'd say let it go. Show up and enjoy yourself. Maybe tell them about LuneOS (also on a router & RaspberryPi now) and how good webOS TVs are.

No open-sourcing? No LuneOS. So thanks Meg.

If HP was badly managed, then maybe it's better to be free of them. Maybe the next generation will be a better product? Herrie & Co. are working very hard on it.
    Misj' and MartinH@webos like this.
    Just ask them if they've heard of something called 'Google' yet!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Don't install OpenSSL and ask everybody affiliated with HP how to get rid of the yellow Gmail triangle.

Picture it.......

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    TJs11thPre and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Don't install OpenSSL and ask everybody affiliated with HP how to get rid of the yellow Gmail triangle.

Picture it.......

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

"Gmail? Isn't that one of those Google initiatives? Who are 'Google' anyhow? Do they also make tablets & phones like we (HP) used to do? And where did Leo go to anyway?"

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    jccjmml7 likes this.
    Ask HP what they do about supporting open sourced webos (LuneOS) ..
    .. how they contribute to the development of Enyo and the dev tool Ares ..
    .. and when finally hp devices will become available that make use of this technologies ..
  11.    #11  
    Omg so boring. Basically they have a Surface clone. A couple new tabs that run Win10 or android. When you can't innovate, just copy. No surprise there.

I did ask if it would file share with my HP phone, and the guy was perplexed. When i showed him the Veer, he actually was delighted and said he had a Tpad. It kinda made it silly when i asked when i could expect this new product to go on fire sale. This was all after the main prez, standing around b.s.ing. (no i didn't ruin the event or anything crusading webOS like a loony.) Another rep admitted carrying the veer years ago. I did suddenly feel a little bit Flintstone in a Jetson world. Ha

I also did get a $25 gift card. We all did. Way to buy my time, ache-pee. But, It's the only way I'd look at your products again. You burned me once and that's enough. .
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Omg so boring. Basically they have a Surface clone. A couple new tabs that run Win10 or android. When you can't innovate, just copy. No surprise there.

I did ask if it would file share with my HP phone, and the guy was perplexed. When i showed him the Veer, he actually was delighted and said he had a Tpad. It kinda made it silly when i asked when i could expect this new product to go on fire sale. This was all after the main prez, standing around b.s.ing. (no i didn't ruin the event or anything crusading webOS like a loony.) Another rep admitted carrying the veer years ago. I did suddenly feel a little bit Flintstone in a Jetson world. Ha

I also did get a $25 gift card. We all did. Way to buy my time, ache-pee. But, It's the only way I'd look at your products again. You burned me once and that's enough. .
    You SHOULD have crusaded webOS like they looney HP was for spending as much as they did for it only to flush it all down the toilet.