Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    So I ordered a Veer off Amazon and a touchstone hockey puck to go with it and it turns out neither came with a cable or wall wart to plug power in. I just ordered a Veer magnetic usb cable and charger but I don't want to wait. On the touchstone it says 5V and I have a generic charger from another device, but when I plug it into the touchstone and put the Veer on it, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Also, it always sticks on the sim instruction screen and I can't clear that to fool with the phone. Is there a way to get rid of that or am I stuck until I get a SIM card from a carrier or the cable so I can plug it into a computer?
    somewhere on this sight there is a way to set up your phone with just WiFi. I used it to set up a couple pre3s, worked fine.

kurt.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Probably this:
    https://pivotce.com/2015/06/24/tip-h...ss-activation/

I just checked my charger and can't see any information on voltage and charge. 5V is correct I think, but to drive the induction coil, it may be that it offers a very healthy amp or maybe a bit more (1.2A?) A touchstone won't run off a computer USB port for example, though you can charge the phone with a cable connection to that same port.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    UPDATE TO EDIT:
    INFO BELOW APPLIES TO TOUCHPAD. SORRY!!

Yes there's a minimum amp for the TStone, the charging cylinders i use with mine are all rated 2A. The 1As won't work.

If you buy HP cylinder style "wall warts", don't just rely on the size of it, as indicator of its power rating. They have large ones which are also only 1A and will not work with TS.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/01/2015 at 06:17 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    TJ the 1A Palm chargers should all work with the phone Touchstones, unless something is wrong with one or the other.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    TJ the 1A Palm chargers should all work with the phone Touchstones, unless something is wrong with one or the other.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Gah i read Veer but my mind was thinking Tpad. Sorry for the error, thanks for catching it!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScutMonkey22 View Post
    So I ordered a Veer off Amazon and a touchstone hockey puck to go with it and it turns out neither came with a cable or wall wart to plug power in. I just ordered a Veer magnetic usb cable and charger but I don't want to wait. On the touchstone it says 5V and I have a generic charger from another device, but when I plug it into the touchstone and put the Veer on it, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Also, it always sticks on the sim instruction screen and I can't clear that to fool with the phone. Is there a way to get rid of that or am I stuck until I get a SIM card from a carrier or the cable so I can plug it into a computer?
    K I'll try to advise again

Using generic usb with TS may not work because...

- the connector end is not shaped exactly right so it's not fully seated inside the TS. I've shaved a couple with a razor blade to make it work in a pinch. It's got to be in there, like really in there. The oem ones are square and they click in perfectly, but few others do.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Gah i read Veer but my mind was thinking Tpad. Sorry for the error, thanks for catching it!
    It happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScutMonkey22 View Post

On the slide out keyboard type vee when you are at the sim prompt. Then, you'll goto the dialer with 911 at the top. erase the 911 and on the on screen number pad enter #*3386633# and hit send.

you will be prompted to put the device in dev mode. Put the device into dev mode and set a password if you like (you can skip if you dont want one set). The phone will reboot and you will be able to play with it all you like.

Hope this helps.
  10.    #10  
    OK, so I ended up buying a palm wall wart and cable plus another touchstone and it turns out both touchstones don't work. C'est La Vie I guess. I paid all of $8 total for both. I also got the magnetic data cable and ran through the pivotCE coming back guide so I've got things up and running.