Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dchirva
  1.    #1  
    So I bought a HP Veer 2 weeks ago and yesterday I've got a black screen problem.
    I disassembled Veer and found that flex cable has been divided on two.
    I googled flex cable for HP Veer and searched for it on ebay and aliexpress without luck.

Do you guys know if it possible to find a new flex cable or I need to get a new phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by dchirva View Post
    So I bought a HP Veer 2 weeks ago and yesterday I've got a black screen problem.
    I disassembled Veer and found that flex cable has been divided on two.
    I googled flex cable for HP Veer and searched for it on ebay and aliexpress without luck.

Do you guys know if it possible to find a new flex cable or I need to get a new phone?
    It's connected to the screen, best is to replace the whole touchscreen. That's what I've done in the past when I had this problem.

@creepingmee on Twitter (I think he's on here as well) sells good 2nd hand Veers. He might have a spare screen including cable laying around.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It's connected to the screen, best is to replace the whole touchscreen. That's what I've done in the past when I had this problem.

@creepingmee on Twitter (I think he's on here as well) sells good 2nd hand Veers. He might have a spare screen including cable laying around.
    Thanks Herrie!
    I've sent him a message. But I doubt that he will ship to me the phone to Russia.
    I managed to unplug the flex cable from the device, but I broke the port on the motherboard: the clip (the black, moving part of the port), which suppose to hold flex cable, fell apart and doesn't hold flex cable anymore. I am such a moron.
    He got a hold of me on twitter and we are setting up the deal now. I'll take good care of him!
    Thanks for the contact @herrie!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    He got a hold of me on twitter and we are setting up the deal now. I'll take good care of him!
    Thanks for the contact @herrie!!!
    Thanks @herrie and @creepingmee, now I have a new shiny Veer!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dchirva View Post
    Thanks Herrie!
    I've sent him a message. But I doubt that he will ship to me the phone to Russia.
    I managed to unplug the flex cable from the device, but I broke the port on the motherboard: the clip (the black, moving part of the port), which suppose to hold flex cable, fell apart and doesn't hold flex cable anymore. I am such a moron.
    LOL I broke that part too the first Veer I took apart. It just popped off instead of unhinged. Live and learn.
  7.    #7  
    Yep, it popped off and when I tried to put it back I broke it completely.