Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bhutten
  • 1 Post By creepingmee
  1.    #1  
    Won't power on on it's own, and when plugged in it hangs on the low battery/charging screen for 30mins and doesn't boot to WebOS.
    Does it need a new battery, and if so, any recommendations on a course?

Thanks, and I hope to get back into WebOS.
    Does it appear to charge?
    Is the barrel of the charger fully twist-locked into the socket adaptor?
    Are you using a USB cable that you know to be good? (if not, test it)
    Check that the battery connector pins in the phone look OK & the battery itself I guess - is it at all 'bulgy'?
    How long have you charged it for?
    What do you know about the phone's previous life (i.e. was it sold as working?)

That's a start...
  3.    #3  
    Seems to hold a bit of a charge, don't know anything about it as it was sold as broken, previous owner didn't know what exactly.

Anyways the battery has at least a tiny bit of life, I'm getting the error mynewpalm so it looks like my issue for the moment is i need WebOS 2.2.4 ATT doctor, if you could hook me up with that I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastfoiter View Post
    Won't power on on it's own, and when plugged in it hangs on the low battery/charging screen for 30mins and doesn't boot to WebOS.
    Does it need a new battery, and if so, any recommendations on a course?

Thanks, and I hope to get back into WebOS.
    Sometimes I clean the magnetic connection on the phone with an old toothbrush, to be sure the connection is clean. I mean the 5 very small connection points you can see on the phone.
    The small connection holes on the phone can become dirty.
    petbull likes this.
    I'm with bhutten. get in there and clean the contacts. I used rubbing alcohol and a toothpick to clean the pocket grime out of the contacts. The veer contacts are a dirt magnet. Does it charge on the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastfoiter View Post
    Seems to hold a bit of a charge, don't know anything about it as it was sold as broken, previous owner didn't know what exactly.

Anyways the battery has at least a tiny bit of life, I'm getting the error mynewpalm so it looks like my issue for the moment is i need WebOS 2.2.4 ATT doctor, if you could hook me up with that I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    So you are saying it's booted?

The advice above sounds good. It may be possible to get a replacement battery if the current one is shot.

Are you also aware of this?
    TIP: HOW TO BYPASS ACTIVATION (advice on getting doctors is included).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So you are saying it's booted?

The advice above sounds good. It may be possible to get a replacement battery if the current one is shot.

Are you also aware of this?
    TIP: HOW TO BYPASS ACTIVATION (advice on getting doctors is included).
    Yeah, now the problem is that the doctors fail at 8%.

Running novacom boot mem:// <uImage-2.6.29-palm-shank allows novaterm to connect to the device, but none the commands required do not work and are not listed when ran help.

Is this because there is no root? if so can I get root in this state?
    I'm following the guide here How To Recover - WebOS Internals and am stuck on the lvs commands.

Thanks
    The only time I had to doctor (Pre2), it failed quite few times. Persistence paid off - I think I just kept trying until the % got into double figures. Give it a few goes and follow the guide. Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't really offer any serious tech help, but there are some here who can.
    PM sent
    thelastfoiter likes this.