Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    Hope you could help me with my veer


    Premise

    My Hp has been unlocked 3 years ago and it has always in good working oreder untill 7 days ago.

    I have recently updated it to WebOs 2.2.4 and after that....i had to face some issues
    1) no Network data ( APN are correct) I have used 3 different network operator, but nothing to do
    2) no google or yahoo sync even if i use WIFI
    3) no mails even if i use wifi
    4) i cannot access to my palm profile

    Again, I have updated without any trouble in the entire process

    Any suggestion?

    Tnx a lot for your help

    I am using webosdoctor 4.6
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexp75 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Hope you could help me with my veer


    Premise

    My Hp has been unlocked 3 years ago and it has always in good working oreder untill 7 days ago.

    I have recently updated it to WebOs 2.2.4 and after that....i had to face some issues
    1) no Network data ( APN are correct) I have used 3 different network operator, but nothing to do
    2) no google or yahoo sync even if i use WIFI
    3) no mails even if i use wifi
    4) i cannot access to my palm profile

    Again, I have updated without any trouble in the entire process

    Any suggestion?

    Tnx a lot for your help

    I am using webosdoctor 4.6
    Double check your APN, as the settings are slightly different with webOS 2.2.4.

    As far as gmail goes, there are some issues right now. What error are you getting?

    Palm profile = dead and gone. Forever.
  3. #3  
    agree #2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Double check your APN, as the settings are slightly different with webOS 2.2.4.

    As far as gmail goes, there are some issues right now. What error are you getting?

    Palm profile = dead and gone. Forever.
    the error I got is APN settings not valid

    The APN is correctly configured for my Network Operator "tre.it"
    However no network coverenge. in previous web os version i did not have this problem

    Concerning google settings when itry to setup the account the error i have is "bad request"
  5. #5  
    Take a look through this discussion:

    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)

    There are some ideas on configuring Gmail as a generic mail account using certain settings. I get the same error, so I have my Gmail forwarded to Outlook and Outlook synced to my Veer.

    On the APN settings, you will always get a "not valid" error but can force the changes to stick.
    Are the user name and password fields blank?
  6. #6  
    I don't know much about this, but I see no Doctor version 4.6 here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150317...octor_Versions

    I think the Veer required unofficial doctors to upgrade to 2.2.4 - or perhaps they were simply reconstructed from official OTA upgrades as the doctors weren't released. Also, I see no mention of the Three (Tre) network, So I guess you would be using something like a ROW, unlocked doctor.

    I remember that the Three network was launched as a 3G network (hence the name), when the older operators were still adding this upgrade to their existing 2G infrastructure. The only Palm/HP devices I see in their support selector page are two Treos.

    Configurazione Cellulari

    1. Is the Veer supported on the Tre/Three network? Were you using it on Tre before the upgrade? Or do you know of anyone else who was doing this?
    2. You say the problems started 7 days ago and you upgraded 'recently' Does that mean you upgraded 7 days ago and then things stopped working or did things work for a while on 2.2.4 then stop in the last week? Can you make a call?
    2. Have you definitely used the correct Doctor / meta-doctor?
    3. Are your regional settings correct?
    4. Is 3G definitely enabled in the Phone app preferences? You seem to say you have tried 3 different networks (although Three/Tre/3 might be causing confusion here) What were the other two networks/APN settings? I'm just wondering that if you can't get it working on other networks either, then maybe the problem isn't the APN settings.

    I'm not an expert on this stuff, just trying to clarify the situation.

    Here is a setup guide: Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

    As noted above, there seem to be intermittent issues for some with Gmail at this time.
    Here is the service pack thread: webOS service pack?
    It includes links about updating the certificates for Yahoo mail.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/24/2015 at 10:52 PM.
  7. #7  
    I think he was meaning WOSQI version 4.6, instead of webOS doctor 4.6.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I think he was meaning WOSQI version 4.6, instead of webOS doctor 4.6.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    You might be right, but I'm not clear why WOSQI would be relevant to network problems. The 4.6 version was just to update the preware feeds from .org to .net I think..?

    I wonder if we should develop a community form / format for support requests to make sure the details are clear to start, but I doubt we could get people to use it.
  9.    #9  
    Hi Guys,
    Tnx a lot for your help
    I will try to be more clear

    I was using my 3 sim card on my Veer with WebOs 2.1 before upgrade and everything was ok
    I was able to use Internet, mails and so on.
    At that time I had problems with error message "too many cards" that was annoying me so I decided 7 days ago to update to 2.2.4 using WOSQI 2.6. After update, I was unable to:

    1) Connect to Internet using my 3 Sim Card ( the same i was used to use before update). ( I have to say that i used other sim cards with the same issue

    2) configure google even using WIFI

    3) Unable to reset my palm profile


    So finally my issue is: NO DATA CONNECTION wafter update.

    i have tried to update modem too withot any resolution of the problem
    I have tried to install certificate according to some suggestion proposed here, without any resolution.

    The only good thing is that now I don't have the annoying message "Too Many cards"!


    Tnx for your help
  10. #10  
    err... you mean you put uberkernel ?

    Because I don't think WOSQI can handle any upgrade of the os........

    If you put a 2.2.4 uberkernel in a 2.1 webos, it's no mistery that a lot do not work. 2.2.4 = first you have to doctor the phone to the 2.2.4 os , then you can use the 2.2.4 uberkernel
  11. #11  
    err... you mean you put uberkernel ?

    Because I don't think WOSQI can handle any upgrade of the os........

    If you put a 2.2.4 uberkernel in a 2.1 webos, it's no mistery that a lot do not work. 2.2.4 = first you have to doctor the phone to the 2.2.4 os , then you can use the 2.2.4 uberkernel
    There is no 2.2.x Uberkernel for the Veer since the 2.2.x sources for the Veer were never released.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  12. #12  
    Well, he mentions "too many cards" and solving it. The only way to fix that is uberkernel, that I know of....
  13. #13  
    Seems odd to me that WiFi does not work at all. Both of my younger boys have unactivated Veers and work great on WiFi.

    Which webOS doctor version did you use (full java name)??

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  14. #14  
    I don't think he's saying WiFi isn't working at all, just that he can't sync google or yahoo. That's no surprise, since google sync is kind of hosed off and on (broken again for me right now) and I think yahoo sync has been broken again for quite a while.
  15.    #15  
    Ok TNX again for your precious help and suggestions guys.
    Now i am bak home and I have some minutes to try to better describe the issues with my veer.

    1) wifi works for web surfing
    2) I cannot syn my gmail account using WIFI
    3) I have no network data using the following network operator ( 3, Vodafone, TIM, O2, AT&T, all these sim cards worked fine before update)
    4) I used terminal to update my veer to web os 2.2.4 by command line ( Make install.....tpsupdate and so on...)
    5) I used WOSQI to install preware and impostah to finalize the WEBOS update ( delete palm profile and so on)

    Now the question is that I aa not able to use my network (CDMA,GPRSE, EDGE or UMTS or HSPDA) with my veer.
    WIFI is working without any problem


    Hope this could give you an idea of my actual problem with my veer
    Hope you could help me

    TNX lot Guys
    MudShark22 likes this.
  16. #16  
    Such a better description. No doubt you will now get the assistance you need
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexp75 View Post
    Ok TNX again for your precious help and suggestions guys.
    Now i am bak home and I have some minutes to try to better describe the issues with my veer.

    1) wifi works for web surfing
    2) I cannot syn my gmail account using WIFI
    3) I have no network data using the following network operator ( 3, Vodafone, TIM, O2, AT&T, all these sim cards worked fine before update)
    4) I used terminal to update my veer to web os 2.2.4 by command line ( Make install.....tpsupdate and so on...)
    5) I used WOSQI to install preware and impostah to finalize the WEBOS update ( delete palm profile and so on)

    Now the question is that I aa not able to use my network (CDMA,GPRSE, EDGE or UMTS or HSPDA) with my veer.
    WIFI is working without any problem


    Hope this could give you an idea of my actual problem with my veer
    Hope you could help me

    TNX lot Guys
    For your gmail account, there are several fixes required:
    For contacts, this patch is required (I think it may also be required for the email to work): [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    For email, I finally got this working tonight: google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    For calendar, you need the C+DAV connector, but I'm not certain it works on the Veer any more (it seems 2.2.4 is okay, just not 2.1) - the details are in the following thread, or the Wiki page it links to: C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/02/2015 at 07:43 AM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think he's saying WiFi isn't working at all, just that he can't sync google or yahoo. That's no surprise, since google sync is kind of hosed off and on (broken again for me right now) and I think yahoo sync has been broken again for quite a while.
    I was starting to wonder if the OP was actually stuck at the activation screen, but if seems wifi surfing is happening.

    Just to be clear: The HP servers are gone, so there's NO profile back up. Once deleted, it's gone. There are ways to back up most things manually.
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

    Google is being difficult for everybody right now... Oh, except it still seems OK for me! :-) NO! Just checked: It's broken. Time to get new certificates!

    I wasn't aware of a (current) Yahoo problem. Is it contact sync? I think C+Dav can handle this. Yahoo mail is fine for me, but I have applied the fix detailed here:
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail. | pivotCE
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/26/2015 at 02:19 AM.
  19.    #19  
    ok for google sync and all possible patches system, but what can i do to use my veer as smartphone? It would be unuseful without data connection
    Last edited by Alexp75; 07/26/2015 at 03:53 PM.
  20.    #20  
    hi guys
    Any Idea on how i can activate my 3g connection on my veer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions