Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    So, Hello!

Couple week ago i brought a Used HP Veer (Eu qwertz version/P160EU/W3UE). Well, i did it by impulse, i just need a spare phone (for main phone BB Z10, just in case) and also because some kind of curiosity. Also these phones are very very very rare in Poland (cuz Poles prefer a phones for dime in contract. in 90% of cases, it's Samsung). Now i had to move temporarily from BB to HP (because of bizarre circumstances) so i Have a couple of questions. But but before - this is what i did:

A almost whole "Comming Back to WebOS guide: Part 1 And Part 2
    Also i did this Youtube Mod but it doesnt want to work, and i don't know why.
    Ok, now it's for my questions:

1) What about Syncing With FB and Google? I heard that FB made a lot apps obsolete due their changes...
    2) Is There Any Convenient way to use FBChat? Also they made some changes but maybe some chat app is updated for this circumstance (i think that is possible).\\\\\\\\
    3) Where i can find a "Doctor" 2.2.4 (im using now 2.1.1) for my why Veer? Links for this version are dead... (googling file name does nothing) I know that both of versions have some quirks and bugs
    4) Where can i find a patch mentioned here. Also, What patches you can recommend for me
    5) Is there any way to change Keyboard Layout? Now is set to QWERTZ type of keyboard and i'd like to set it to QWERTY (Maybe easiest way, just switch y and z in layout setting or something else)
    6) Maybe Side-installing Android to my Veer is a better way to provide my need for some aps (not urgent but it would be nice)?
    7) Stupid Question - How Set a piority to showing a polish characters/diacritics while pressing "Sym" key. I Know there are but are almost on the bottom of list (pressing "Sym" key only), also they appear only in one letter (of 8) while making the Sym+Letter Combination.

I hope that my thirst for Know-how will be quenched.

With Greetings

-DKZ
    Last edited by daekaz; 07/08/2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Adding one link, some lost words
    Quote Originally Posted by daekaz View Post
    So, Hello!

1) What about Syncing With FB and Google? I heard that FB made a lot apps obsolete due their changes...
    Google, yes. and [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    Facebook, not so much. You can access with the browser, but I think the apps have all stopped working.

3) Where i can find a "Doctor" 2.2.4 (im using now 2.1.1) for my why Veer? Links for this version are dead... I know that both of versions have some quirks and bugs
    This should work: webos Doctor Versions... Hmmm only one ATT one there. Not sure if that's what you want, but I'm sure someone else here can help.

6) Maybe Side-installing Android to my Veer is a better way to provide my need for some aps (not urgent but it would be nice)?
    I think there was some attempt to put Android on it, but none of these things are perfect.

Android on Veer - rooted, Play store, etc...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...-coming-7.html

The links below may be useful...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/07/2015 at 04:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Facebook, not so much. You can access with the browser, but I think the apps have all stopped working.
    Well, something terrible happened with Browser because every time when i just try to load m.facebook.com, it ends with this
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Thats weird. "m.facebook.com" and "x.facebook.com" both work OK on my Pre 3...
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Facebook site doesn't work on 2.1.2 for some reason. If you can obtain the 2.2.4 Veer doctor, it works on that.
    So, Hello!

Couple week ago i brought a Used HP Veer (Eu qwertz version/P160EU/W3UE). Well, i did it by impulse, i just need a spare phone (for main phone BB Z10, just in case) and also because some kind of curiosity. Also these phones are very very very rare in Poland (cuz Poles prefer a phones for dime in contract. in 90% of cases, it's Samsung). Now i had to move temporarily from BB to HP (because of bizarre so i Have a couple of questions. But but before - this is what i did:

A almost whole "Comming Back to WebOS guide: Part 1 And Part 2
    Also i did this Youtube Mod but it doesnt want to work, and i don't know why.
    Ok, now it's for my questions:

2) Is There Any Convenient way to use FBChat? Also they made some changes but maybe some chat app is updated for this circumstance (i think that is possible).\\\\\\\\
    3) Where i can find a "Doctor" 2.2.4 (im using now 2.1.1) for my why Veer? Links for this version are dead... (googling file name does nothing) I know that both of versions have some quirks and bugs
    4) Where can i find a patch mentioned here. Also, What patches you can recommend for me
    5) Is there any way to change Keyboard Layout? Now is set to QWERTZ type of keyboard and i'd like to set it to QWERTY (Maybe easiest way, just switch y and z in layout setting or something else)
    7) Stupid Question - How Set a piority to showing a polish characters/diacritics while pressing "Sym" key. I Know there are but are almost on the bottom of list (pressing "Sym" key only), also they appear only in one letter (of 8) while making the Sym+Letter Combination.

I hope that my thirst for Know-how will be quenched.

With Greetings

-DKZ
    Hi,
    3: i send you a PM with a link for the 2.2.4. Doctor.
    5: yes you can change the keyboard layout by running a custom metadoctor. Search for "webosinternals metadoctor kyboard layout". Github page may help you.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    Hi,
    5: yes you can change the keyboard layout by running a custom metadoctor. Search for "webosinternals metadoctor kyboard layout". Github page may help you.

Hey davodego, would you mind if I PM'd you for some assorted webOS Doctors (including the Veer)?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    Hi,
    [/color]

Lovely, i installed it and it was successful (well, i read that it's possible to brick veer only due this).
    I see there are quite lot hassle with MetaDoctor (beginning on Linux, install and configuration, ending at risky flashing etc.), so i will try it next time.
    There are only three problems:
    - Google's "Bad Request". I did mail setup manually, but i don't know what to do with contacts (and calendar, but calendar is not so important).
    - Contacts. I have really big mess with contacts, they are totally clustered (there are on the Outlook and one one facebook, another on google) On people.live.com it looks nice and clean but when i sync to Veer, it looks like crap. For me it would be good if could import a *.vcf (Exported from my BB) To Veer.

I tried to install Patch mentioned in Preemtive post, but it ended with complete disaster. The WOQI "Spited" at me with the error monit that i can't handle (so big that doesn't even fit on my screen)
    Last edited by daekaz; 07/08/2015 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Gramatical things
    Hey davodego, would you mind if I PM'd you for some assorted webOS Doctors (including the Veer)?
    Sorry, my english is too bad, I don't understand. What would you do to me?

There are only three problems:
    - Google's "Bad Request". I did mail setup manually, but i don't know what to do with contacts (and calendar, but calendar is not so important).
    - Contacts. I have really big mess with contacts, they are totally clustered (there are on the Outlook and one one facebook, another on google) On people.live.com it looks nice and clean but when i sync to Veer, it looks like crap. For me it would be good if could import a *.vcf (Exported from my BB) To Veer.

I tried to install Patch mentioned in Preemtive post, but it ended with complete disaster. The WOQI "Spited" at me with the error monit that i can't handle (so big that doesn't even fit on my screen)
    I'm not sure which patch you mean, but make sure the patch is downloaded directly to your computer NOT the phone before applying.
    If it's the https patch, read this: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)

C+DAV solves the calendar problem for google and others. You can see the article was updated when frantid produced a patch specifically for the google API 3 change. So you have 2 solutions to choose from.

I just made a sample vcf file and opened it with the internalz file browser. This happened:

That's only one contact, I suppose I should test with multiples.

Surprisingly, this link still works:
    HP webOS : Download & Run the Data Transfer Assistant (DTA)
    It's a windows program to transfer data to webOS. I think it works via USB for a one-time transfer followed by a sync, so it might work for you. You would have to put your .vcf into outlook or Palm desktop software first.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/09/2015 at 01:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Ok, When i opened a vcf file with bunch of contacts, i was asked with this.

Which is nice. Unfortunally, couple of contacts are saved on FB only so it was impossible to export and import. So i added it manually.
    That messy patch was the CalDav Patch (the one with each different versions for different models of Palm/HP, made by frantid), but i ditched this, so the problem is kinda solved (or just ignored).
    Also made a connection with email accounts - by classic way (IMAP etc) for hassle-free mail later.
    There is something weird with Phone app:

The last thing which puzzles me is the youtube. I have 2 ways to play them, each one equally good and bad:
    - Via Browser (m.youtube.com/?app=m): Site Have a convenient ui (but rarely gets stuck at white screen), you can look into comments and playlist but playing videos are quite sucky (low quality and sound is usually out of pace).

- Via Youtube Shortcut (done according the guide) - It plays videos nice and clean but Site ui is Sooo sluggish, inoperative, and laggy. because it's a UI from Desktop. Also due that "Shortcut-eroo", there's no way to look into playlist or comments.

I guess these problems are insuperable.
    Last edited by daekaz; 07/19/2015 at 05:26 AM.
    Hello,

about the Veer, I'd like to buy a Veer to ship in France, but the only I fund on the web are in US.

daekaz, where did you find your phone?

Does anybody know where it is possible to find an HP Veer to ship in Europe?
    Hello,

about the Veer, I'd like to buy a Veer to ship in France, but the only I fund on the web are in US.

Ask @creepingmee on Twitter. He sent me a couple from the US :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Hello,

Is a qwertz keyboard ok for you? I have a veer with broken glass. When I am lucky i can buy another broken Veer from ebay germany. A friend of mine can repair them to one Veer. I'm in germany.
    If creepingmee have nothing for you... Maybe its a solution.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tatoni View Post
    Thats a Really Weird Story. Previous owner sell this phone to Pawnbroker. In Poland Pawnbrokers are no. 1 place if you are bum and you NEED money because you HAD TO Drink something containing "Fire Water" (Alcohol, cheap, strong and so on) but you have something less or more useful to sell. And this owner was a probably a bum, because the phone smells with some hardcore strong cigarettes. Maybe even Imported from Russia (Cheap, strong, more Carcinogenic than asbestos etc.). Nobody normal smokes these "things".

Which is weird. Very Rare Phone. In Poland, Where Palm were always non-existent. No translated software. Around 30% of Poles Speak English. Excluding Younger ones who have/had it in the school (people younger than 30years old) , it 's Aprox. 10% of Poles.

Also, The phone stuck in olx.pl (Some equivalent of Craigslist/Gumtree) for two months. Well, Poles always prefer Samsung, especially for 1PLN in Lowest Carrier Plan.

Did i mentioned that i Brought it for 150PLN (Around 40-ish USD)? A full packet (Phone, Touchstone, Cables and Charger).

I guess, You should look on German Ebay, these phones were "modestly" Popular There.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hello there (Sorry for my bad english), i bought me an HP Veer, cause i really like this device- its running with 2.1.1
    Im an absoute WebOS Noob- and tried to install the Prewares on it- but i fail to install the Novacom driver on my Windows 10 Device
    How can i update to 2.2.4 - do i need to have an WinPC, or will it also work on my Macbook?
    Thank you yo much for your help

LG
    Tobias
    Start with the 2.2.4 meta doctor.
    https://app.box.com/s/fku0xtezcye9wvx3422g

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Most of the PC-side stuff is java based, so should run on a Mac OK, if it has Java installed...
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Do i Need to install The Novacom Driver first, to use The Meta Doctor? The MetaDoctor will install The 2.24 Update? Should i install "Prewares"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekuhlock View Post
    Do i Need to install The Novacom Driver first, to use The Meta Doctor? The MetaDoctor will install The 2.24 Update? Should i install "Prewares"?
    Just put your Veer in recovery mode and run the file I linked to update to 2.2.4. Then bypass activation. You will need the driver to install preware.

Sent from my Yotaphone 2 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast