Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By davodego
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I need some help.
    I got an ATT branded Veer from ebay for use in germany. The Veer has a netlock.
    My firts thought was to run the EU o2 WebosDocotor and then the Veer has German locales and is unlocked.

No Sir.. it dont work this way. Standart WebosDoctor refused to work with an ATT Veer. So I tried MetaDoctor Script. This works, now I have EU webos2.1.2. But the NetLock is enabled anyway, grrrrrr.
    So I contacted ATT via mail for an unlock code. They answered an gave my the unlock PIN, but the phone does not accept the PIN.

Could it be, that the EU Version of webos make it impossible to unlock?
    In this case, what way I have to go to install the ATT WebosDoctor? (the ATT WebOSDoctor refused to install on the now installed EU webos)

How can I unlock the Phone?

I m thankfully for every thought.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Have you tried Dogbert's method (Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones)? I had used it only once, long ago on my first Pre-, but it worked, and author claims it works on every WebOS phone, including Veer.
    T5, Clié NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    I used it on a dozen or so Veers in the past, works fine
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    Have you tried Dogbert's method (Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones)? I had used it only once, long ago on my first Pre-, but it worked, and author claims it works on every WebOS phone, including Veer.
    I have seen it, but my englich isn't good enough for a complete understandig. I tried a few steps, but I stumble about some things not explained in the howto. I have no succes.
    Maybe I sholud give it another try together with a dictonary

Edit: Now I remeber. It fails while installing the the R-ACM driver in windows 8. Win 8 would not install the driver. It gives me an error. I sould try it with linux.
    Last edited by davodego; 02/24/2015 at 11:43 AM.
    I have seen it, but my englich isn't good enough for a complete understandig. I tried a few steps, but I stumble about some things not explained in the howto. I have no succes.
    Maybe I sholud give it another try together with a dictonary

Edit: Now I remeber. It fails while installing the the R-ACM driver in windows 8. Win 8 would not install the driver. It gives me an error. I sould try it with linux.
    Most important is right software versions for perl etc. You can do it in a VirtualBox with Linux or Win 7. Worked for me in the past.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6.    #6  
    I tried another run. I have an Exit by running the unlock script:

Code:
    pre3_veer_unlock.py v1.6
    Copyright (c) 2011 dogbert <dogber1@gmail.com>, http://dogber1.blogspot.com
    This script reads the unlock code of HP Veer/Pre3 phones.

Scanning serial ports...
    Failed to find the diagnostics port. Exiting...
    I have made all steps carefully. I don't know the serial Port. Syslog noticed the Veer on USB Serial 0 but I have no ttyUSBxxx device.

Please help...
    I know this can be resolved but I cannot remember how. I do recall using a windows XP device that dual boots to Linux, for this procedure. But i don't know if that is related.

Endure. Someone here will know and respond if I cannot recall soon. You are making progress!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    I tried another run. I have an Exit by running the unlock script:

Code:
    pre3_veer_unlock.py v1.6
    Copyright (c) 2011 dogbert <dogber1@gmail.com>, http://dogber1.blogspot.com
    This script reads the unlock code of HP Veer/Pre3 phones.

Scanning serial ports...
    I have made all steps carefully. I don't know the serial Port. Syslog noticed the Veer on USB Serial 0 but I have no ttyUSBxxx device.

Please help...
    I don't recall having any issues. But I used win 7 64 bit. Either find a win 8 < machine or do a virtual one on your win 8 machine.
    If you read the comments on the blog somebody else tried to do that in win 8.1 and had the same issue:

Baldur Medina • 2 months ago
    I can't install the drivers on a windows 8.1 machine, does it only work on previous versions of windows? do you have the win 8.1 drivers for a palm pre? thanks.
    1 • Reply•Share ›
    Dogbert Mod Baldur Medina • 2 months ago
    I'm afraid not.
    • Reply•Share ›

Or even further down:

Technosquid • 5 months ago
    For those with Windows 8/8.1, you will need to will need use "Advanced Startup" to disable driver signature enforcement on Step 7. Hit the Windows key and begin typing "Change Advanced Startup Options" to get started.

Just do search on the blog for windows 8 and you'll find all the things that you might try with windows to resolve your issues.
  9.    #9  
    Has nobody done this with ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    I don't recall having any issues. But I used win 7 64 bit. Either find a win 8 < machine or do a virtual one on your win 8 machine.
    If you read the comments on the blog somebody else tried to do that in win 8.1 and had the same issue:

Baldur Medina • 2 months ago
    I can't install the drivers on a windows 8.1 machine, does it only work on previous versions of windows? do you have the win 8.1 drivers for a palm pre? thanks.
    1 • Reply•Share ›
    Dogbert Mod Baldur Medina • 2 months ago
    I'm afraid not.
    • Reply•Share ›

Or even further down:

Technosquid • 5 months ago
    For those with Windows 8/8.1, you will need to will need use "Advanced Startup" to disable driver signature enforcement on Step 7. Hit the Windows key and begin typing "Change Advanced Startup Options" to get started.

Just do search on the blog for windows 8 and you'll find all the things that you might try with windows to resolve your issues.
  10.    #10  
    I have posted this in Dr. Dogberts HowTo:
    ###
    I cant connect from Ubuntu to COM port. usb device is successfuly conneced to /dev/ttyUSB0 but unlock.py don't find any device.

4681.687622] usb 3-1: Product: webOS-device
    [ 4681.687627] usb 3-1: Manufacturer: HP
    [ 4681.689272] usbserial_generic 3-1:3.0: The "generic" usb-serial driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
    [ 4681.689280] usbserial_generic 3-1:3.0: Tell linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
    [ 4681.689285] usbserial_generic 3-1:3.0: generic converter detected
    [ 4681.689627] usb 3-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0
    [ 4681.690200] usbserial_generic 3-1:3.1: The "generic" usb-serial driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
    [ 4681.690208] usbserial_generic 3-1:3.1: Tell linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
    [ 4681.690213] usbserial_generic 3-1:3.1: generic converter detected
    [ 4681.690360] usb 3-1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB1

Scanning serial ports...

Please help.

-Answer from Dogbert-
    Dogbert Mod davodego • 7 hours ago

I had that happen a few times: it's a CRLF issue I think. I suggest you start playing around with the initialization parameters of pyserial.

###

Has anybody a idea ...
    I cannot "play around" with this stuff.
  11.    #11  
    Done it with Win 8.1. I have solved the driver signature problem. Now i have the unlock code from device. Thanks for your thoughts, so long.
    Preemptive and guilledil like this.
  12. dwc
    FWIW, I unlocked via dogber1 a couple of years ago on Ubuntu, probably on 64-bit 10.04. For others coming to this thread, the https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ page also worked for my ATT veer.