webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > AT&T Unlocking
AT&T Unlocking
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kancept
  • 1 Post By davodego

Old 02/19/2015, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Just a heads up that I used the AT&T form on their website and they unlocked my Veer. Took them 5 days, but they did do it and sent me the code. I haven't been on their service with this Veer (and really, haven't been on their service in over 5 years). In fact, this Veer has never been activated per se on any service. I've only tested it with the SIM from my work phone. I use it wifi the rest of the time.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/
kancept is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TJs11thPre and Preemptive like this.
Thanked By: shrxwin
Old 03/09/2015, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the info and links - I bought into a group buy years ago but oops never used the codes for my Veers.

Friday mid-day i submitted the info to the AT&T site and before I left work I had both unlock codes. Now I just need to go find a pay-as-you-go SIM so I can use them occasionally (still on Verizon but had to have 1 or 2, ok even 3 of every webOS phone)
shrxwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/03/2015, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
dwc

Can confirm. I sent in a request a week ago (even though I'd already dogber1'd it -- I was curious to see whether they would have them) and got it not immediately, like I did with the Galaxy S3 I submitted, but it did take about 3-4 days.
dwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2015, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

I did that, they sent me a code, it didn't work. I asked them for help and they said you are not a AT&T customer so sucks to be you. I tried again, again they said, too bad, sell it to an American and get them to try with us again. So tore the phone apart and used to to build my FrankenVeer.
tracks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2015, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I did that, they sent me a code, it didn't work. I asked them for help and they said you are not a AT&T customer so sucks to be you. I tried again, again they said, too bad, sell it to an American and get them to try with us again. So tore the phone apart and used to to build my FrankenVeer.
I made the same experience. AT&T send me the unlock PIN - it doesn't work - Support says no AT&T device. Dr. Dogberts Pre/Veer unlock guide solved it in my case.
-- from my TouchPad using Communities
Liked by TJs11thPre likes this.