Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tracks914
  1.    #1  
    Here's the thing. I own 4 Veers.
    1 black daily driver for 2+ years. (getting tired and showing age, cracked rear cover, but still works great)
    1 black used for about 3 months until the headset speaker failed, only 10% volume. (tried patch but no good)
    1 white one my daughter uses a bit.
    1 BNIB white one locked to AT&T. (unlock codes from AT&T didn't work)

So I wanted to use a new one. I figured after looking at these 2 sites I could get enough parts off the new one to make my 3 month old one work better.

Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals

After all, there is nothing that I can't take apart!!! :P

First I took apart the brand new locked one. Since it was locked it was of no use to me.The only trouble I had was the very last step in getting the ribbon cable to separate from the processor to the screen/keyboard front section.
    Once I realized where I had gone wrong, and broke the ribbon cable locking device, I decided to take apart my black phone (3 months old) and go gentle on the locking bar. Success!
    NOTE: I only dismantled the phones as far as 6:25 in the YouTube video, swapped out the processor/radio parts then re-assembled.
    It took me 2 tries to get the ribbon cable in squarely and locked down but once I did, I re-assembled the phone and powered it up. More success. It was already logged into my profile from before. I now have a brand new looking white Veer with the heart and brain of my old phone inside it. (and a brand new battery too)
    It took a bit of patience but really wasn't that hard to do. I've been using it for a week now with no issues.

Yay for me? :-)
    MudShark22 and jccjmml7 like this.
    FYI the Veer can be unlocked very easily...

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    FYI the Veer can be unlocked very easily...

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
    Don't tell him that now! You are going to make the poor guy scream!
  4.    #4  
    Nah, after spending way too much time trying to get AT&T to give me a proper unlock code, then trying Dogbert's method only to not be able find a way to get the python program to install on mt PC, it ended up being faster to take the phone apart and switch components.
    I'm all good with it.
    Wow...

Congrats! Glad you didn't accidentally FUBAR.

P.s. nice Porsche. Are you familiar with the BB 928 targa? Loved this car since I was ten.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 02/06/2015 at 01:01 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Wow...

Congrats! Glad you didn't accidentally FUBAR.

P.s. nice Porsche. Are you familiar with the BB 928 targa? Loved this car since I was ten.
    Click to view quoted image
    Never even heard of it.... but I like it. :-)