webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Black screen when keyboard open
Black screen when keyboard open

Old 02/01/2015, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Last morning I noticed an error with the screen of the Veer. After I unlock the screen, all is fine. Then I open the slider. In the moment the keyboard light turns on the screen went black.

According to (maybe) these threads:
Veer screen frozen when keyboard is open
HP Veer problem with screen, when opening keyboard

My Veer is running webos 2.2.4.

A reboot dos't solve the issue.
The solution was: at night I turned the brightness of the display to 0%, so the Clock don't bother me (clock was visible on touchstone). When keyboard slider is open, webos take the 0% brightness and turns the screen of. When slider is closed screen is visible. Littel bug, I don't know if the bug in other 2.x.x. versions exists too.
So see if your brightness is set to 0% when the display of the veer is black when silder is open.
Old 02/01/2015, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just test this on my Veer, 2.1.2, and screen works fine with slider open and brightness down to "1".

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
jccjmml7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: davodego
Old 02/01/2015, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was tempted to metadoctor to 2.2.4, but see that there are a number of issues running that version on the Veer. I would love to have Skype integration, but just did not feel it was worth the trade off.
jccjmml7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2015, 04:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Maybe you can be the data cable connecting the screen to the motherboard.
I have had 2 veer with the same problem.
The cable has a shield that is broken and this begins to rub against the metal, eventually damage the data cable that can not be replaced except by replacing the screen.
When you slide the screen, did any noise ago? Is it a smooth movement or sounds strange?

Sorry for my bad English
alfabetapeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2015, 04:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Maybe you can be the data cable connecting the screen to the motherboard.
I have had 2 veer with the same problem.
The cable has a shield that is broken and this begins to rub against the metal, eventually damage the data cable that can not be replaced except by replacing the screen.
When you slide the screen, did any noise ago? Is it a smooth movement or sounds strange?

Sorry for my bad English
This is a misunderstanding. All works fine, the problem is solved by rising the brigtness of the screen. It was just a Software Bug.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities