Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    OK, not to derail, but Skype does indeed work with webOS 2.2.4 on the Veer? I was on Verizon for so many years, and Verizon canceled the Skype mobile version right before I dropped them.

That would be huge, if I could use Skype on the Veer. I spend 90% of my time on blazing fast wifi connections and that would allow me to connect with my wife and kids on their Android devices.
    I'd appreciate a confirmation of this by a user as well. Did you Google it for thread on that subject?

There may be recent comments about this somewhere but I can't remember the bottom line. It does work on the pre2. My phone has been losing call audio lately over Sprint and I tested calls on Skype they did not have the problem.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I'd appreciate a confirmation of this by a user as well. Did you Google it for thread on that subject?

There may be recent comments about this somewhere but I can't remember the bottom line. It does work on the pre2. My phone has been losing call audio lately over Sprint and I tested calls on Skype they did not have the problem.
    I did do a search, but did not find anything related to this in the past year or so. I can meta-doctor once the phone comes in and post results.....but maybe somebody here will chime in first.
    I have my Veer meta doctored to 2.2.4 and have Skype on there.

I can not really vouch for the quality of voice, but I just it a lot for messaging.

Girlfriend has a german Veer without, will soon set her up with a meta doctored Panda

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  4.    #24  
    I am good with the Skype messaging as well, that would give me an alternative to Mojo Whatsup if that service breaks in the near future.

About a year ago, I was able to actually Skype video chat on my Pre 3 (before I dropped it and demolished the glass) with fairly decent results (no better/worse than with Android).
  5.    #25  
    Just reading through another thread regarding activation, if I don't I get this phone until after the 15th....will I even be able to activate it through any carrier?
    The carriers don't care anything about the Palm Profile. You'll active the SIM online separately. Doesn't really matter if you bypass (palm profile) activation on the phone before or after installing it. I already had the phone set up, so I powered down, put in the SIM, and updated the APN settings for data and MMS when it came back up. It won't make any difference whether the phone is signed in to a profile or not. In fact, neither of my Pre3's are signed into a Palm Profile, and both are quite happy to use my already activated SIMs.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/06/2015 at 05:32 PM.
    I guess I should qualify that by saying that is my experience with my devices on two US GSM carriers.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I guess I should qualify that by saying that is my experience with my devices on two US GSM carriers.
    Man, I'm glad to hear that. I'm learning a lot from you guys (as usual), appreciate it very much.

Not sure why activation is in question on that Pixi thread. Is a valid Palm profile even relevant when activating any cdma/gsm device?
    Activating CDMA devices by the carrier should be indepedent from Palm activation as well.

Activation on a CDMA network from my understanding, is just adding ther device number (whatever it is called) to the database.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre
    Yes, do the straight talk byop. It's a great choice for a veer!
    Yes, the Veer and I have prospered on Straight Talk for many moons.
    I have the veer on the tmobile $30 100 mins and unlimited web and text plan. At first I had a hard time with it but then after awhile everything started to work and it was awesome for a few months. Then out of no where everything stopped working and I can't figure out why. My main concern is that pic messages stopped working. People send me messages with pics and I never get them and vice versa. If that could be fixed I wouldn't care about the other stuff (although 80% of my apps no longer work which sucks too)
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdburns View Post
    I have the veer on the tmobile $30 100 mins and unlimited web and text plan. At first I had a hard time with it but then after awhile everything started to work and it was awesome for a few months. Then out of no where everything stopped working and I can't figure out why. My main concern is that pic messages stopped working. People send me messages with pics and I never get them and vice versa. If that could be fixed I wouldn't care about the other stuff (although 80% of my apps no longer work which sucks too)
    Have you tried the settings from post #10 in this link?
    T-mobile settings - pls help
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Have you tried the settings from post #10 in this link?
    T-mobile settings - pls help
    yeah I've tried every suggested setting out there
    I'm curious about data roaming.. Since you have to enter manual APN settings to get data working, does that pretty much make it impossible for data roaming to work?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I'm curious about data roaming.. Since you have to enter manual APN settings to get data working, does that pretty much make it impossible for data roaming to work?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I'm pretty sure on the prepaid plans, there is no roaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I'm pretty sure on the prepaid plans, there is no roaming.
    Straight Talk seems to allow it, but I don't know if it is included. My phones have switched to an unknown network a couple of times. Never tried to use it tho, so I can't say it works. It never established a data connection.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I second the comment about trouble using a Veer on T-Mobile. I've had them for a couple of years, MMS receive has never worked, tried plenty of APN tweaks, doesn't work. Plugged in a Net10 Wireless (AT&T virtual carrier) SIM card a week ago and voila, MMS works completely. All my research says this is a glitch with the way the phone was setup for the AT&T network somehow rendering MMS faulty on "custom" APN settings.

Clearly my experience isn't the same as others because I've seen (including this thread) mention of not even being able to SEND MMS, which I can do, but ONLY because I use the default (not manual) settings. If you have manual APN settings turned on, even if you change NOTHING, it still presents the glitch where you can't receive OR send MMS.

I got the Net10 SIM to do a side-by-side (two Veers) comparison of service quality. The short: better coverage in low-signal areas on Net10, better in-buildings coverage, but where both have the same signal strength the T-Mobile phone gets much faster data rates.

Alex
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    We were able to use the Veer successfully on tmobile May-Nov on a the $50 monthly postpaid plan in the US and also in Europe. Emails, texts and calls worked. Skype worked also but only in the US (perhaps blocked in Europe?).

I have not tried on a prepaid plan.
    alex, I have a few questions about net10 with the ever:

1. You can send and receive mms with no problems?
    2. Can see pics on facebook and can you post Ur own pics on facebook?
    3. Have you noticed any apps not working?
    4. Do some websites randomly stop working ever?

thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12