1.    #1  
    I had to remove my Veer from its
    Touchstone for several days (visiting grandson), and the battery discharged completely. Everything is fine, except it doesn't pick up the date and time from the network, even after cycling through Airplane mode. What's even worse is that it won't allow me to adjust these manually either. Yikes! I love having the Veer in Touchstone mode with the accurate time- please help!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  2.    #2  
    Immediately after posting, I noticed that the date had changed to the correct date. I set the correct time manually, so things are OK now (although it is still "waiting for network time").

Do you have Preware ? An app I recommend is called ClockSync . It allows you to sync time based on time fetched from the internet rather than mobile network.

Quote Originally Posted by PrePixiLove View Post
    Do you have Preware ? An app I recommend is called ClockSync . It allows you to sync time based on time fetched from the internet rather than mobile network.

I don't see ClockSync in Preware?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I don't see ClockSync in Preware?
    I can't remember where I got it, but I'd be happy to share

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'd just like to add the usual request:
    Every now and again someone will ask for an unavailable app and get a copy from someone one the forum.

Nice as that is, in the long term, it's better for everybody and the platform if the person wanting the app seeks out the developer and requests that it is made publicly available.
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes

It's in the app gallery, but linked to the dead catalog: Clock Sync | webOS Nation Developed by content754. This site is timing out for me, but a quick look at whois yields a registrant email: @gmail.com

Perhaps collaborative_learning or another forum member will make contact & help us all out?
    The app is Github, but I didn't know how to make it into an ipk.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Someone will know. Can you post the link? Is the developer saying it's OK to build and host it?

Not that we need to build it - I also have a copy & a back up. We just need permission...
    The open source license in github leads me to believe it's okay, but someone better with legalese should read it. https://github.com/jocsch/ClockSync/...er/licence.txt
    Sorry, a mistake on my part. The app was in-the-now-defunct App Catalog.

Clock Sync - For all those who have problems with time drifting

I'm going to post on the app thread because there's a chance the developer is still subscribed to the thread.
  12.    #13  
    In the meantime, my date and time are still fine. I'm glad that my question led to the "recovery" of a useful app!