Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By AMR-1
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I spent hours looking in the forum without success. Can anyway PM me or give me a good link to DL webos doctor 2.2.4 or at least the default 2.1 for the Veer? I finally got Saturday's my daughter's Veer and I want to install preware and some patches but I don't want to do so without webos doctor just in case I mess up. I went to the webos wikia that has all the webso doctor's versions but all the links are dead!!! I also tried many threads here but nothing. People talk a lot about doctor but nobody has a real link or the couple links I found were dead or adware instead of the .jar file.

Anyone? Please?

PS

I'm also looking for webos doctor for Pre 3, I bought one too and will get it in the mail by the end of the week :-)
    pm sent
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    pm sent
    HP keeps making DNS changes that are breaking links to old Palm downloads..

@Fabian webOS
    Copy this into the "hosts" file:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    And then proceed as usual. Everything should work
    Rnp and sineansceal like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    pm sent
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    HP keeps making DNS changes that are breaking links to old Palm downloads..

@Fabian webOS
    Code:
    Thank you both for your help. so now let me ask you, is it worth upgrading the Veer to 2.2.4? Just wondering since I've read here that the update was never officially released for the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian WebOS View Post
    Thank you both for your help. so now let me ask you, is it worth upgrading the Veer to 2.2.4? Just wondering since I've read here that the update was never officially released for the Veer.
    It could be worth it if you will use Skype on the Veer and also if you want "Touch to Share" functionality, but if you listen to music over Bluetooth you will be disappointed because it will go from stereo to mono. There's also another quirk I forget, maybe a slight stability issue for those over clocking, an if you downgrade back from 2.2.4, it's advisable to create a brand new Palm Profile, due to the fact that newer system config files get uploaded to the server an may cause problems for an older OS version

So it's a mixed bag. Some here like the upgrade, but the default version is probably a bit more stable
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by @[B
    Fabian webOS[/B]
    Code:
    BTW, pardon the ignorance, how do I "copy" these into the host file? :-(

UPDATE: I got it, thanks! :-)
    Last edited by Fabian WebOS; 11/11/2014 at 11:58 AM.
    It could be worth it if you will use Skype on the Veer and also if you want "Touch to Share" functionality, but if you listen to music over Bluetooth you will be disappointed because it will go from stereo to mono. There's also another quirk I forget, maybe a slight stability issue for those over clocking, an if you downgrade back from 2.2.4, it's advisable to create a brand new Palm Profile, due to the fact that newer system config files get uploaded to the server an may cause problems for an older OS version

So it's a mixed bag. Some here like the upgrade, but the default version is probably a bit more stable
    I've had 224 sneak onto Pre2 via OTA so maybe check out that no update patch before you get online? Idk if it applies to Veer but head's up anyway.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian WebOS View Post
    BTW, pardon the ignorance, how do I "copy" these into the host file? :-(

UPDATE: I got it, thanks! :-)
    Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I've had 224 sneak onto Pre2 via OTA so maybe check out that no update patch before you get online? Idk if it applies to Veer but head's up anyway.
    The Veer has to be MetaDoctored to 2.2.4 to get TTS, so no, there's no risk of it happening accidentally
  10.    #10  

Thanks! I already went for it and installed it. My daughter most likely will be using Skype and TTS since we have a Touchpad as well. As to music over Bluetooth, that weon't be an issue since she uses only wired headsets ANd I'm not going to overclock her Veer anytime soon. Profiles will be gone the way of the dinosaur on 1/15/15 so I think her Veer will be fine.

Thanks you everyone for your input and assistance! :-)
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Thanks Remy, I irc'd rwhitby and let him know incase he wants to throw a note on the wiki or update the links.
    Remy X likes this.
    Hi, I'm looking for the EU Doctor for the Veer. Does anyone know where I could get that?
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Edit your computer's HOSTS file

I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad

23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org

Try these links:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

If that doesn't work, search the forums for intructions on using www.archive.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Edit your computer's HOSTS file

I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad

23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org

Try these links:

If that doesn't work, search the forums for intructions on using www.archive.org
    Well, I did that, but the link from WebOS Internals still redirected me to the "new" MyNewPalm Website.
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    1)
    open http://archive.org

2)

copy the link to the doctor you need ( by example mynewpalm ), then put it in the search field of archive.org.
    You will be presented with a page with a calendar , one date has a blue circle, and the page asks you to pick a snapshot. Blue circles highlight snapshots... click on it and you'll be asked where to save the doctor
    Nonononoki likes this.