Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    My beloved old HP Veer locked up yesterday, and while attempting to re-seat the battery, I broke off the flex-cable where it attaches to the back cover. Now the phone won't boot.
    Does anyone know how to reattach the cable to the back cover? Is this a feasible home repair? If not, any recommendations on who could fix it?
    Thanks to all for this terrific forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by tullia View Post
    Hello,
    My beloved old HP Veer locked up yesterday, and while attempting to re-seat the battery, I broke off the flex-cable where it attaches to the back cover. Now the phone won't boot.
    Does anyone know how to reattach the cable to the back cover? Is this a feasible home repair? If not, any recommendations on who could fix it?
    Thanks to all for this terrific forum!
    Can you make a picture of what is broken exactly? I might have some spare parts laying around for you
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Here it is. The broken cable is circled in red. It's the orange cable to the lower right of the phone itself.
    Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tullia View Post
    Here it is. The broken cable is circled in red. It's the orange cable to the lower right of the phone itself.
    Thank you!
    OK, I have some spare for this, need to look it up at home in a box. It's basically a big sticker that's connected to the back of the phone, the flat cable is connected underneath the battery and battery cage. This takes care of the wireless charging on the Touchstone and maybe some other things. See also Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals for detailed pictures on the Veer disassembly.

It's not that difficult to fix, just requires patience Contact me by PM to work out the logistics
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Remy X and HelloNNNewman like this.
  5.    #5  
    Herrie, you are a true angel!!!
    I've sent you the PM.