• 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By tedthebassist
  • 1 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  • 1 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  1.    #1  
    Hi, all,

Check this out and tell me what you think of. It reminds me of our good old Veer...

This Lumia 330 concept shows us what a Nokia X with Windows Phone could look like

Sincerely,
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    HelloNNNewman and Rnp like this.
    haha... and all the grief HP got for the 'cute little phone'. There really is a market for small devices. I still love the Veer!
    Saijin_Naib and Rnp like this.
    I've been using my Veer since they came out. It doesn't have much time left, but it has been a trooper. It's pretty solid. This is by far the longest I have had 1 phone without breaking it. My wife also has one and if you want a good laugh, watch her try to find it in her purse. Think of Hermione from Harry Potter and her purse!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I've been using my Veer since they came out. It doesn't have much time left, but it has been a trooper. It's pretty solid. This is by far the longest I have had 1 phone without breaking it. My wife also has one and if you want a good laugh, watch her try to find it in her purse. Think of Hermione from Harry Potter and her purse!
    On my 3rd Veer now (my own broke due to wearing out the display flat cable, switched to my wife's who moved to Android, had the same problem last week). Was on a Pre 3 for a week, but the Veer is just better for my needs (more reliable, longer battery life etc) so now back on the last spare Veer I had laying around. I'll probably order another 1-2 as spare in case this one breaks down....
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    On my 3rd Veer now (my own broke due to wearing out the display flat cable, switched to my wife's who moved to Android, had the same problem last week). Was on a Pre 3 for a week, but the Veer is just better for my needs (more reliable, longer battery life etc) so now back on the last spare Veer I had laying around. I'll probably order another 1-2 as spare in case this one breaks down....
    Maybe consider installing the VKB patch ~ in order to help save slider-action wear & tear on the ribbon cable?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Maybe consider installing the VKB patch ~ in order to help save slider-action wear & tear on the ribbon cable?

It's an option, but well I have the Veer for the HW KB They're cheap enough $90/year is fine for me
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It's an option, but well I have the Veer for the HW KB They're cheap enough $90/year is fine for me

OK! ~ While stocks last!
    Lovely little phones anyway.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    boovish likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Even with my Pre 3, the Veer still sees a lot of use at on my end, as well. I very much enjoy the idea of small smartphones.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    ktessner likes this.
    The Veer almost was the perfect device. If it was a fixed slate like the Pixi+ (and didn't have that ******* magnetic port from the pits of Hell), it would still be what I use to this day.

Currently, I'm rocking a ZTE Open and FirefoxOS (blasphemy, I know).
    PrePixiLove likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    The Veer almost was the perfect device. If it was a fixed slate like the Pixi+ (and didn't have that ******* magnetic port from the pits of Hell), it would still be what I use to this day.
    Yeah, I completely agree. If all the guts of the Veer had been put into the Pixi form factor, it would be spot on. Slider doesn't really seem necessary on something so tiny. Rather it would've been longer but not so chubby. And total +1 for the not needing the mag connectors.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    And incidentally, that new Nokia's got nothing on the Pixi. Typing on that lil' screen will be painful.

Just made that point to a friend of mine about my Pre 3. They said, "Man, how can you type on such a small keyboard?" Answer, "Because they're real buttons, so you can feel where you're typing and it ain't so bad." Veer and Pixi typing wadn't bad either.
    I despise nothing more than touch-screen typing.

Give me a form factor like the Samsung Evergreen (T9+QWERTY) and let me go to town.

T9 for touch-typing without looking, and the QWERTY for the things that aren't in a T9 dictionary.

Boom. Perfection.

By the very nature of a touch-screen, it will never, ever, ever be as accurate and easy to use for touch-typing as a physical keyboard.

Two steps forwards, three back with these stupid "smartphones".
    guilledil likes this.
    Did I miss something? Where's the resemblance to the Veer? I like Nokia and all but that thing is fugly next to the Veer.
    I guess the resemblance ends at, "It's tiny." There really doesn't seem to be any mainstream OEMs building anything less than gigantic anymore. Heck, that trend was already taking off when the Veer was introduced. I thought going the other way with it was brilliant and differentiating on Palm's part, even if it didn't pan out in the end. (They really ought to have released the Pre 3 first to hopefully gain some clout before dropping the Veer.)
    ktessner likes this.