1.    #1  
    Hi,

Just bought a new [un-used] Veer 4G... yes, I know, it is an older phone format. I can not make a profile. I can't get past the "check email" portion before it tells me I don't have enough signal strength or wireless strength... something like that. No matter where I have tried to do it. Spent hours at the AT&T store, at another store, online... and can not get this resolved.

Please help!!

Thanks, Erich
    Quote Originally Posted by veerless View Post
    Hi,

Just bought a new [un-used] Veer 4G... yes, I know, it is an older phone format. I can not make a profile. I can't get past the "check email" portion before it tells me I don't have enough signal strength or wireless strength... something like that. No matter where I have tried to do it. Spent hours at the AT&T store, at another store, online... and can not get this resolved.

Please help!!

Thanks, Erich
    Welcome to the forum.

Palm servers should have sent you an email to the address you are using for the profile. In it you reply to confirm the account. Go look in your spam for this email.

You can resend it from the HP log logon site if necessary.

As far as signal, you need an att Sim and you at the data settings in the phone's prefs. Att should be able to do that. Or trouble shoot it if it's branded att!

After you get your profile you will need to update your certificate. But that is for app cat, not activ. Search here for that too.

The veer is an awesome phone. Overcome the few hurdles of helping this orphaned little phone and you will love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Manage my HP webOS Account: https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

But if data won't leave the phone you won't have an account created.
    Truth. You must set your phone prefs first. But the activation sequence does prompt this option if the info isn't correct.

Really disappointed that an att store can't help a new veer owner connect.
  4.    #5  
    I finally figured it out. Using an older sim not capable of the data plan required to signin/signup.

Thanks!
    Stick around, You'll need a few more fixes to get full use of your device. Click below and follow links in the Legacy webOS section to update your app-catalogue certificate, apply patches for Google, Yahoo & youtube.