Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sdburns, i've been where you are a few years back. I've gotten myself a Pre3 right after the firesale when everything went south with webos.
    I've managed to go on, mainly thanks to the community here. If i had a question it was usually answered and the issue dealt with in a satisfying way.
    It was scary at first doing all the "rooting" and even installing 2.2.4 on a Veer, but i managed. But trust me, every success or mishap will only enhance your knowledge of webos amd make the next project, patch or whatever a lot easier.
    So keep going. Webos is, was and will be one of the best, if not the best, way to interact with your smartphone.
    On a sidenote: All the stuff you need to do to get things working the way you want it to be is extremely rewarding in the end. I enjoy a feeling of accomplishment every time i use my Pre3.
    is there a fundamental benefit to attempting a 2.2.4 install on my Veer?
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    is there a fundamental benefit to attempting a 2.2.4 install on my Veer?
    Skype, less/no lag in Messaging app, Touch-To-Share.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    On 2.2.4 facebook webpage in browser is working, on my original veer it is not.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I recommend 2.2.4, too.. some bug fixes in service-frameworks... and the webkit engine is less old => works better with modern web pages and apps. For example enyo 2.4 apps seem to fail on 2.1.* but work fine on 2.2.4.... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I recommend 2.2.4, too.. some bug fixes in service-frameworks... and the webkit engine is less old => works better with modern web pages and apps. For example enyo 2.4 apps seem to fail on 2.1.* but work fine on 2.2.4.... :-/
    m and x.facebook.com both seem to fail on the 2.1.2 Veer I just unboxed. Must upgrade it to 2.2.4, hoping we've got a reliable process for that now :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    have you tried touch.facebook.com? All though I expect it to fail as well
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    m and x.facebook.com both seem to fail on the 2.1.2 Veer I just unboxed. Must upgrade it to 2.2.4, hoping we've got a reliable process for that now :-)
    I don't think we do.. I started down that path on a Veer with a non-working touch panel, and it seems you still have to obtain the veer 2.2.4 uimage from someone that has it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think we do.. I started down that path on a Veer with a non-working touch panel, and it seems you still have to obtain the veer 2.2.4 uimage from someone that has it.

I do seem to recall some people having said that issues with upgrading and having the a6 ending up dead have been solved, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I do seem to recall some people having said that issues with upgrading and having the a6 ending up dead have been solved, though.
    Oh right.. I wasn't thinking about that aspect. I think you're right about that.

If someone would need a doctor for veer 2.2.4 I might know where one is. Feel free to pm me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12