1.    #1  
    hi, I can't send pics from my HP Veer. I tried uploading to facebook but it never shows up. I tried sending to my email but it too never shows up and i tried sending in a text but the text doesnt go through.

any suggestions?

thanks
    No much info to go on. could be a lot of things. you are going to have to experiment with it to get more info.

try posting something to facebook that is text, like a regular status update.

Are you just trying to save a draft email with your picture? try emailing yourself for real. email something with and with out a pic attached. does the email show up with out the picture?

mms never did work right for me. i believe that is a carrier problem, in any case i do not care enough to try to fix it.

try restarting your phone as well. if you need further suggestions please posts the results of the above with as much detail as possible.

hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    No much info to go on. could be a lot of things. you are going to have to experiment with it to get more info.

try posting something to facebook that is text, like a regular status update.

Are you just trying to save a draft email with your picture? try emailing yourself for real. email something with and with out a pic attached. does the email show up with out the picture?

mms never did work right for me. i believe that is a carrier problem, in any case i do not care enough to try to fix it.

try restarting your phone as well. if you need further suggestions please posts the results of the above with as much detail as possible.

hope this helps.
    "try posting something to facebook that is text, like a regular status update."

I can post text to facebook but i can not upload photo from my phone.

"Are you just trying to save a draft email with your picture? try emailing yourself for real. email something with and with out a pic attached. does the email show up with out the picture?"

I dont think im saving a draft with the pic. i emailed using my mail not messaging and neither the plain text or the pic message went through, i dont think my email really works on the phone it is always synching. I also tried messaging my email the pic and regular text. the pic did not go through but the text did.

not sure what more kind of info you need, i'm not very tech savy and i dont know much about any of this.

thanks
    The info you have given so far is useful.

you may be looking at two problems (or three)

the picture message one, as i said i am not sure about. i have the same problem on my phone, and i suspect it is carrier related but don't care enough to really look into it.

You email problem looks like a separate problem. I just need to be sure, when you say you are emailing yourself, you mean you have two email accounts and you are sending email from one account to the other? if you can't send any email, text or picture, then you probably have a problem with your email in general. try deleting and resetting up you email on the phone.

the facebook one may be a separate problem of it's own as well. how do you try uploading pictures? from the camera app of the facebook app?
    Sending & receiving mms has never worked for me, but it's something I don't use much.

As above, I suspect:
    1. Carrier - unlikely they are actively prohibiting mms.
    2. Wrong settings - APN?
    3. My SIM card is VERY old - it's possible the service isn't included on it, assuming the SIM itself is relevant to the service - no problem using mobile data.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    The info you have given so far is useful.

you may be looking at two problems (or three)

the picture message one, as i said i am not sure about. i have the same problem on my phone, and i suspect it is carrier related but don't care enough to really look into it.

You email problem looks like a separate problem. I just need to be sure, when you say you are emailing yourself, you mean you have two email accounts and you are sending email from one account to the other? if you can't send any email, text or picture, then you probably have a problem with your email in general. try deleting and resetting up you email on the phone.

the facebook one may be a separate problem of it's own as well. how do you try uploading pictures? from the camera app of the facebook app?
    my carrier is not the issue, this is included with my plan.

my email just does not work on this phone, it is always in a synching status.

i think im using the facebook app to upload the pic.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Sending & receiving mms has never worked for me, but it's something I don't use much.

As above, I suspect:
    1. Carrier - unlikely they are actively prohibiting mms.
    2. Wrong settings - APN?
    3. My SIM card is VERY old - it's possible the service isn't included on it, assuming the SIM itself is relevant to the service - no problem using mobile data.
    1. I agree, carrier not the problem
    2. i saw something about this in another post but i cannot figure out how to change the apn settings
    3. brand new sim card for me and it is def included in my plan

this stinks cause i got this phone cause of its size and i do very simple things on a phone but it turns out all the simple things i do this phone can not do
    Don't give up on the phone, you will love it.
    Get your email working first. Gmail needs a patch to use it. Search for it, install it and then try again.
    Sending via mms won't work unless you have a data plan and it is activated. Even if you have wifi, it still won't send photos by mms.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Get your email working first. Gmail needs a patch to use it. Search for it, install it and then try again.
    Sending via mms won't work unless you have a data plan and it is activated. Even if you have wifi, it still won't send photos by mms.
    Yes. Assuming you are able to view websites, it's not the connection but test your mobile data AND WiFi connections. The continuous syncing suggests something isn't connecting. Can you specify your email provider(s)? There are patches for Yahoo & Google since they moved to more secure connections.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    I have yahoo email and i do have a data plan. tmobile has assured me none of the issues are from them and my plan is working properly.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdburns View Post
    I have yahoo email and i do have a data plan. tmobile has assured me none of the issues are from them and my plan is working properly.
    where do i get the patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdburns View Post
    where do i get the patches?
    you need to install preware on your phone first.

go to get.preware.org. see the readme for link to instructions for installing preware.