Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sdburns
  1.    #1  
    hi, so I'm super super new to this. I recently got an HP Veer that I am using on a TMobile prepaid sim. so my prior phone was a flip phone that had text and talk on it that i had for ten years, it finally broke so i had to get a new phone and i was intrigued my the hp veers size.

Anyway, I don't know much about anything to do with technology, obviously. i have the phone working and i can get on the web to some basic sites but when i try to download apps for the phone all i get is install failed error messages.

can anyone assist me with this?

thanks
    Dani
    You probably have to download the app catalog fix from last year before you can get apps. You will need to set your date back to July 1, 2013 I think and then the app catalog update will appear and you can download it.

Edit: here is the article explaining the issue
    http://www.webosnation.com/hp-issue-...cloud-services
  3.    #3  
    I did the date thing and installed the update but it is still not working. now it immediately tells me download failed as before it would download till the end and then say install failed.
    Maybe you should doctor your Veer. I always have to doctor my Veer twice to be able to download stuff fron the App Catalogue
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    Maybe you should doctor your Veer. I always have to doctor my Veer twice to be able to download stuff fron the App Catalogue
    thanks everyone. i didnt set my date back to present time at first and after i did the apps seem to be downloading without a problem now.

... i have no idea what the doctor thing is haha

thanks again!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdburns View Post
    thanks everyone. i didnt set my date back to present time at first and after i did the apps seem to be downloading without a problem now.

thanks again!
    You may need this for when things really go wrong!
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

But it's kind of the last resort...
    To Doctor or Not To Doctor: A Call to Stop “Lazy Troubleshooting” | pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by sdburns View Post

thanks again!
    When I read your post, I wondered if you set the date back to the current date.