webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Exp. patch : Veer losing WAN connection 3g to edge transition
Exp. patch : Veer losing WAN connection 3g to edge transition
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheOneill

Old 03/31/2014, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

I don't know if someone else experienced that with its veer running WebOS 2.2.4 : systematically, when the 3g signal gets to poor and the phone switches automatically to EDGE network, I lose the data connection. It is annoying : I need to toggle twice the data connection to recover it (ON->OFF->ON) then it works again. I have no problem with the EDGE to 3g transition (the other way round). It might be network dependent (I use a GSM veer with Orange network in France). So I wrote a very basic batch to automatically perform this double toggle once a 3g to EDGE transition is detected. It is simple but not very elegant : I benefit from top bar WAN events subscription to trigger the toggle. Hope it helps.

Lionel
Attached Files
File Type: patch veer224-3g-edge-fix.patch (2.5 KB, 3 views) Email Attachment
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: Rnp

Tags
connection problem, edge, patch