Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anon(679606)
  1.    #1  
    my 2.1.2 veer is sick ...I cannot get the HP App Catalog to work ...I removed the update & removed the catalog itself & rebooted & let the app catalog re-install itself & tried to open it (with date back to june1,2013) to get the update, but no joy ...only says "cannot perform, try again later" ...what to do?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    my 2.1.2 veer is sick ...I cannot get the HP App Catalog to work ...I removed the update & removed the catalog itself & rebooted & let the app catalog re-install itself & tried to open it (with date back to june1,2013) to get the update, but no joy ...only says "cannot perform, try again later" ...what to do?
    My recent experience:
    HP App Catalog Download Failed
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    My recent experience:
    I second this link-to-a-link. The Brennan Rowe file was a silver bullet for my problem with the old app catalog not working and keeping me from getting the new one. I downloaded the file he has linked in his post, installed it to my Veer using webOS Quick Install, and boom, problem solved. I had spent hours researching and trying different suggested methods before finding this. Almost every suggestion out there talks about using the app catalog, which of course is useless for the unlucky few who can't get the app catalog to open to use it in the first place.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
  4.    #4  
    My recent experience:
    downloaded the file ...would not install using webosQI so I copied it to the VEER & used internalsPRO to install it ...worked fine... but, the HP APP Catalog will still not open ...shows yellow triangle saying "try again later" ...misery !!
    Gail Winfield likes this.
  5.    #5  
    downloaded the file ...would not install using webosQI so I copied it to the VEER & used internalsPRO to install it ...worked fine... but, the HP APP Catalog will still not open ...shows yellow triangle saying "try again later" ...misery !!
    should I have deleted the entire HP APP Catalog first before applying the ipk in the link you supplied maybe ??
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    I second this link-to-a-link. The Brennan Rowe file was a silver bullet for my problem with the old app catalog not working and keeping me from getting the new one. I downloaded the file he has linked in his post, installed it to my Veer using webOS Quick Install, and boom, problem solved. I had spent hours researching and trying different suggested methods before finding this. Almost every suggestion out there talks about using the app catalog, which of course is useless for the unlucky few who can't get the app catalog to open to use it in the first place.
    but have I done something wrong? the fone still says hp app cat will not open... gives the big yellow triangle "try again later" ...also mail accounts complain "security cert bad" ...hp account login is greyed out in accounts... sheesh !!
    but have I done something wrong? the fone still says hp app cat will not open... gives the big yellow triangle "try again later" ...also mail accounts complain "security cert bad" ...hp account login is greyed out in accounts... sheesh !!
    Sounds like you may have something else going on here... I'm not expert but I do not recall having to delete the app catalog to get the previously mentioned fix to work. It should just replace what's there or override it.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
  8.    #8  
    so therefor the idea of doctoring the VEER with the original firmware will lead me nowhere since it is said the HP APP Catalog UPDATE with the new certs is not working anymore despite the date setback ...is that correct ??
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Did you reboot after updating?
  10.    #10  
    Did you reboot after updating?
    yep
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    time to doctor?
    Just install the ipk that is floating around, reboot and all should be OK :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 03/04/2014 at 03:07 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Just install the ipk that is floating around, reboot and all should be OK :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I installed the one called com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk found here: HP App Catalog Download Failed - webOS Nation Forums post #14 ...first to know the fone does not have a sim in it now ...I connect by very good signal wifi ...when I found the hp catalog didn't work, I did a reboot, no joy ...I deleted the app catalog update and separately deleted the app catalog both via webosQI ...rebooted to find the hp catalog reinstalled automatically (latest with blue icon) but still not proceeding to load info but stopped at the "try later" yellow triangle ...then installed the above mentioned update but no joy... is it the lack of sim card that is the fault ...I sure don't feel like a visit to the doctor... I rebooted with each step...

tia!
    I installed the one called com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk found here: HP App Catalog Download Failed - webOS Nation Forums post #14 ...first to know the fone does not have a sim in it now ...I connect by very good signal wifi ...when I found the hp catalog didn't work, I did a reboot, no joy ...I deleted the app catalog update and separately deleted the app catalog both via webosQI ...rebooted to find the hp catalog reinstalled automatically (latest with blue icon) but still not proceeding to load info but stopped at the "try later" yellow triangle ...then installed the above mentioned update but no joy... is it the lack of sim card that is the fault ...I sure don't feel like a visit to the doctor... I rebooted with each step...

tia!
    I'll send you a PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  15.    #15  
    time to doctor?
    hope not...
  16.    #16  
    ...here it is ...the thing works ...what happened is I borrowed a sim card and put it in & used impostah & signed into my palm profile & took out the simcard & rebooted & it's back ...you are so kind to all who have helped with your advice & thoughts ...I am so pleased !!
  17.    #17  
    ...here it is ...the thing works ...what happened is I borrowed a sim card and put it in & used impostah & signed into my palm profile & took out the simcard & rebooted & it's back ...you are so kind to all who have helped with your advice & thoughts ...I am so pleased !!
    webosQI shows both app catalog & update installed ... palm profile now shown correctly on palm site ...however, backup app does not perform the backup ...how come?

interestingly, access to the palm profile fails in M$IE-11 saying browser not supported ...says to use firefox or safari ...opera also fails even when spoofed to firefox ...only one that opens it is chrome ...down hill is downhill...
    Last edited by patapoof; 03/04/2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: mor