webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > browser downloads html instead of displaying it!!!
browser downloads html instead of displaying it!!!

Old 02/17/2014, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi

For the last week I was unable to access https://m.facebook.com from the web browser from my veer. When I try to access it through the browser, it starts downloading a file. If I try to open the file I find that it contains the actual html, so I guess that the browser got the response but is not recognizing it as an actual page....

Most of the other websites work well, but I did experience the same behaviour on some other sites as well...

Does this happen to you as well or is it my phone?? I know for sure that this website used to work well and I have no idea what might have triggered this problem....

So far I have tried to full factory reset but to no avail... This is getting very frustrating.

Thanks for your help!
darcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2014, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcoli View Post
Hi

For the last week I was unable to access https://m.facebook.com from the web browser from my veer. When I try to access it through the browser, it starts downloading a file. If I try to open the file I find that it contains the actual html, so I guess that the browser got the response but is not recognizing it as an actual page....

Most of the other websites work well, but I did experience the same behaviour on some other sites as well...

Does this happen to you as well or is it my phone?? I know for sure that this website used to work well and I have no idea what might have triggered this problem....

So far I have tried to full factory reset but to no avail... This is getting very frustrating.

Thanks for your help!
Hi,
I have exactly the same issue on my Veer. My wife has a Pre3 and it works as usually.
I considering to webdoctor the phone but if there are someone who has a solution or suggestions I am willing to try.

Thanks in advance!
Mats T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2014, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

My freshly erased Veer is doing the same thing. Facebook is the only site it has done it on. I am still investigating the Facebook contact sync issue, so I was trying to open Facebook site to get prompted to accept the FB cdn cert, not that it has made any difference on any other device.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2014, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

I discovered today that the desktop site doesn't do this, but when you try to log in, it downloads the target page. :/
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Old 02/27/2014, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

This just a veer issue. I signed into Facebook for the first time in years just to see if it works. No problems here with pre2.

Now I have to figure out how to quit facebook again which was no easy task from what I recall from the last time
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2014, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah the Veer is the only device I've seen doing it, but I'm wondering if it's something in 2.1.2.. Hard to say since it was only released for the Veer.

Old 05/29/2014, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

:-(

I have 2.1.1. and this problem. The facebook app is crap and the mobile site is quite good. So we need a fix for this.
chromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2014, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hi there, the same thing happens on my former Veer (now my mother has it... she does not use facebook so no hurry for me). I can not remember why but I always associated the problem to the https mandatory for the account on facebook.... ?
Old 09/23/2014, 03:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

I looked into the files which the browser downloads, and they show a WAP header. So my guess is that facebook.com incorrectly identifies the Veer as a WAP-only device...
mephinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2014, 08:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Actually not just Veer. I had the same problem with my Pre 2, and started this: Downloads

Certain sites just won't work trying to download to webOS, and others will.
1whocs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser display, facebook