Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Hi

    For the last week I was unable to access https://m.facebook.com from the web browser from my veer. When I try to access it through the browser, it starts downloading a file. If I try to open the file I find that it contains the actual html, so I guess that the browser got the response but is not recognizing it as an actual page....

    Most of the other websites work well, but I did experience the same behaviour on some other sites as well...

    Does this happen to you as well or is it my phone?? I know for sure that this website used to work well and I have no idea what might have triggered this problem....

    So far I have tried to full factory reset but to no avail... This is getting very frustrating.


    Thanks for your help!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by darcoli View Post
    Hi

    For the last week I was unable to access https://m.facebook.com from the web browser from my veer. When I try to access it through the browser, it starts downloading a file. If I try to open the file I find that it contains the actual html, so I guess that the browser got the response but is not recognizing it as an actual page....

    Most of the other websites work well, but I did experience the same behaviour on some other sites as well...

    Does this happen to you as well or is it my phone?? I know for sure that this website used to work well and I have no idea what might have triggered this problem....

    So far I have tried to full factory reset but to no avail... This is getting very frustrating.


    Thanks for your help!
    Hi,
    I have exactly the same issue on my Veer. My wife has a Pre3 and it works as usually.
    I considering to webdoctor the phone but if there are someone who has a solution or suggestions I am willing to try.

    Thanks in advance!
  3. #3  
    My freshly erased Veer is doing the same thing. Facebook is the only site it has done it on. I am still investigating the Facebook contact sync issue, so I was trying to open Facebook site to get prompted to accept the FB cdn cert, not that it has made any difference on any other device.
  4. #4  
    I discovered today that the desktop site doesn't do this, but when you try to log in, it downloads the target page. :/
  5. #5  
    This just a veer issue. I signed into Facebook for the first time in years just to see if it works. No problems here with pre2.

    Now I have to figure out how to quit facebook again which was no easy task from what I recall from the last time
  6. #6  
    Yeah the Veer is the only device I've seen doing it, but I'm wondering if it's something in 2.1.2.. Hard to say since it was only released for the Veer.
  7. chromax's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #7  
    :-(

    I have 2.1.1. and this problem. The facebook app is crap and the mobile site is quite good. So we need a fix for this.
  8. #8  
    Hi there, the same thing happens on my former Veer (now my mother has it... she does not use facebook so no hurry for me). I can not remember why but I always associated the problem to the https mandatory for the account on facebook.... ?
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
  9. #9  
    I looked into the files which the browser downloads, and they show a WAP header. So my guess is that facebook.com incorrectly identifies the Veer as a WAP-only device...
  10. #10  
    Actually not just Veer. I had the same problem with my Pre 2, and started this: Downloads

    Certain sites just won't work trying to download to webOS, and others will.
  11. #11  
    I have exactly the same issue on my Veer with webOS 2.1.1: when I try to access to facebook.com through the browser, it starts downloading a file!
    I tried with 2.2.4 and the problem is gone! The browser accesses the page perfectly!
    I want to keep webOS 2.1.1 on my Veer, what do I do to fix it?
  12. #12  
    Dear Sirs / Madam

    Further to my posting on my HP Veer 4G, how to get USB icon on to my phone to connect to PC?

    Please Help

    Kayar
  13. #13  
    I never read of a fix.

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossanor View Post
    I have exactly the same issue on my Veer with webOS 2.1.1: when I try to access to facebook.com through the browser, it starts downloading a file!
    I tried with 2.2.4 and the problem is gone! The browser accesses the page perfectly!
    I want to keep webOS 2.1.1 on my Veer, what do I do to fix it?
    me neither, sorry. 2.2.4 seems to be the way. there is another thread in which a forum member tried to replace some files manually but it did not work

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
  15. #15  
    Anybody ever tried to change the user agent string?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  16. #16  
    Can any one please help me to fix up my HP 4G. There no WiFi, Signals. On the left top it says network searching. Unable to log in to my Palm profile sign in. Not able to get USB Icon yo connect to PC to down load S/W Doctor.

    This happened when Customer service advised me to erase full.

    Please help
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossanor View Post
    I have exactly the same issue on my Veer with webOS 2.1.1: when I try to access to facebook.com through the browser, it starts downloading a file!
    I tried with 2.2.4 and the problem is gone! The browser accesses the page perfectly!
    I want to keep webOS 2.1.1 on my Veer, what do I do to fix it?
    I'm assuming you have upgraded to 2.2.4 on the same device, so I expect you have also done the obvious stuff like restarting the phone in case it's just a glitch.

    Can you identify the file suffix of the page that is being downloaded? You could check in the device info app. From the app menu, you could check that the particular file type is associated with 'web'. That's all I can think of at the moment.

    what is the advantage of 2.1.1?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayar43 View Post
    Dear Sirs / Madam

    Further to my posting on my HP Veer 4G, how to get USB icon on to my phone to connect to PC?

    Please Help

    Kayar
    Press the Option button+Sym+U for USB mode
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    what is the advantage of 2.1.1?
    Stereo sound when using corded headphones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sreenivasan Kayar View Post
    Can any one please help me to fix up my HP 4G. There no WiFi, Signals. On the left top it says network searching. Unable to log in to my Palm profile sign in. Not able to get USB Icon yo connect to PC to down load S/W Doctor.

    This happened when Customer service advised me to erase full.

    Please help
    To get the large USB icon, restart your device and press volume up button while it's booting.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Press the Option button+Sym+U for USB mode
    Dear
    Yes I tried. I am not getting the USB symbl and able to coonect to PC. Can u please help.

    As per AT&T customer service advise I got full earse. I am able to turn off and turn on. when it turns on I get HP log.

    Then it says at the left top network search. and screen also say PIN incorrect.

    How to go about.

    Please help.
    Regards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Browser not displaying some web pictures anymore
    By stksidehi8 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03/07/2010, 07:01 PM
  2. browser bookmarks displaying wrong page?
    By Mike20PR in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08/25/2009, 10:46 AM
  3. Browser displaying in mobile page view???
    By windom in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08/09/2009, 09:09 AM
  4. Request help downloads from browser pls
    By jeffrey408 in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07/19/2009, 11:13 AM
  5. Free HTML browser?
    By sibr in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06/17/2008, 08:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions