Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    My Veer came in the mail today. First impressions are hard to get past. This thing is hilariously small. And I can say that because I've been using the Palm Pixi for the last week as my daily driver. The more I tinker with it the more jealous I'm getting that I can't actually switch to it though! I'm a verizon user and this one is locked to ATT. Oh well. Seriously this phone got its design from Zoolander. I showed it to my wife and daughter and they were cracking up at how small it is. Funny thing though, it's pretty snappy and has a great keyboard. Well at least I can say I have one now to test with. Fun!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    My Veer came in the mail today. First impressions are hard to get past. This thing is hilariously small. And I can say that because I've been using the Palm Pixi for the last week as my daily driver. The more I tinker with it the more jealous I'm getting that I can't actually switch to it though! I'm a verizon user and this one is locked to ATT. Oh well. Serious this phone got its design from Zoolander. I showed it to my wife and daughter and they were cracking up at how small it is. Funny thing though, it's pretty snappy and has a great keyboard. Well at least I can say I have one now to test with. Fun!
    Hey use Dogberts Unlock and you can use T-Mobile? I am a Verizon user as well, I wish they did make a CDMA version, I would have snapped it up... With webOS 2.2.4 it is snappy and works well, even with webOS 2.1.2 if it was on Verizon the Skype Mobile App (from Pre2) would have worked (as it worked on my PrePlus)...

I love the size, and the feel, the only thing I do not like is the magnet head phone jack, although Blue Tooth Audio works, it is not cheap as a Palm Head Set. They could have made a USB port with a audio jack (my work LG phone has that)... There is a market for smaller phones, I have the Verizon Pre3, nice phone but two big for me... The PrePlus/Pre2 are great, but would have been better in the Veer size...

Plus love the corner pin nice to use one of those loops to hold the phone (around your neck)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Hey use Dogberts Unlock and you can use T-Mobile?
    I don't know that that fact changes anything...but I'll look into it to give myself more options. Is the Veer a world phone like the Verizon Pre3? I'm in the military so I imagine I'll deploy at some point and will want to take a phone with me. Might take the Veer if I can. I don't use my phone with headphones so I'm not concerned about the magnet connector anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Alan, I've been using it as my daily drivr for 2+ year and I simply LOVE it! Been using it all across Europe, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Uzbekistan and it worked everywhere. It's incredibly small but so easy to operate even with the small buttons. I wish they officially released a 2.2.x update so we would have Uberkernel, because sometimes 800Mhz doesn't just cut it. 1Ghz or 1,2Ghz would've been just perfect. I could switch back to 2.1.2 for that but the bugs are unbearable for me there.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/17/2013 at 02:14 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Garfonso likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    My Veer came in the mail today. First impressions are hard to get past. This thing is hilariously small. And I can say that because I've been using the Palm Pixi for the last week as my daily driver. The more I tinker with it the more jealous I'm getting that I can't actually switch to it though! I'm a verizon user and this one is locked to ATT. Oh well. Seriously this phone got its design from Zoolander. I showed it to my wife and daughter and they were cracking up at how small it is. Funny thing though, it's pretty snappy and has a great keyboard. Well at least I can say I have one now to test with. Fun!

every time i hold a Veer, i can't help but feel like my hand has been cut off and replaced with Andre the Giant's hand.

i remember showing one i borrowed briefly, to a friend who knows I have a Pre2. i said "aw man, i left my phone in my pocket and it went through the wash." i waited for their response and said "it still works ok, but it shrunk!"

it's too cute. i wouldn't have named it Veer though. I'd have called it the Pre ME. (pun intended!)
    Lucky! I persuaded my friend to get a Veer, and she just LOVES it. I got the unlock code from AT&T, and she was good to go. Now all of her friends are super jealous
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Veer is the best smartphone I ever had. It's just great.

And yes, I dumped a Pre3 for my Veer. I would do it again like every day.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    Congratulations! If you get the unlock code the AT&T Veer changes to a worldphone. I am from Peru and my AT&T unlocked Veer works perfectly with 2.1.2.
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    I just bought my third Veer. I've used 6 phones in between and it is still the best combination of hardware/software I've ever had the pleasure of using. My work device is a Galaxy Note II (weird right? a huge phablet and the tiniest smartphone ever.....) so I also just bought a Samsung Pocket Neo. Identical size (albiet thinner and lighter) to my old Pre+. Haven't played with it much as it requires a micro-SIM that won't play nice with the Veer. (Trust me adapters don't work in the Veer. Anybody want to buy one that is Wi-Fi only because the SIM slot is toast?) I don't hold out much hope for the Neo but I have been on a never ending quest for the smallest usable device for years - and so far Veer wins by several miles. BTW, bought this last Veer on a "best offer" on ebay. Came in the "special packaging" with the little bullet shaped HP branded external speaker. The only thing missing in the otherwise all-new package is the docs for the speaker. I vaguely remember a thread somewhere that mentioned this package. Does anyone know where it originated? Any docs on the speaker? Haven't had time to play with it yet. Took too long to get the blasted App Catalog to work on the new Veer. There's three hours I'll never get back.....
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    guess i'm getting one too!

well i had a Veer on my watch list on fleabay. i just wanted to see what it sold at; i really dont have money to blow on more webOS phones. i keep telling myself to just be happy my Pre2 is working pretty well on Sprint.

well my friend, who actually owns the account, just told me she saw my auction was ending and only had a minute left, so she just bid on it for me - and won! haha! so it'll be in my stocking this xmas. what a pleasant surprise.

i guess that pretty much ended my mental block on the ultimate question: black or white? LOL
    Come on, you know you want to stroke it, it won't bite
    courtesy of Engadget

There's just something appealing about it, tiny in size but has enough power to kick you in the teeth.

I've never been one for white smartphones but the Panda Veer is just pure awesome.

They say Pandas are dying out too, going extinct
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Long3 View Post
    Come on, you know you want to stroke it, it won't bite Click to view quoted image

courtesy of Engadget

There's just something appealing about it, tiny in size but has enough power to kick you in the teeth.

I've never been one for white smartphones but the Panda Veer is just pure awesome.

They say Pandas are dying out too, going extinct
    well what do you expect with these restaurants poppin up everywhere??

they are tasty though.

i love pandas! our zoo just had TWINS and they are the cutest dang things on this planet i swear. while they're tiny of course. ugh i wish i had a white one, now that it's been decided for me to have a black one. hahahaha!
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    well what do you expect with these restaurants poppin up everywhere??

Click to view quoted image

they are tasty though.

i love pandas! our zoo just had TWINS and they are the cutest dang things on this planet i swear. while they're tiny of course. ugh i wish i had a white one, now that it's been decided for me to have a black one. hahahaha!
    I don't think I could ever eat a Panda the only thing I eat is Chicken.

Pandas are cute, they need to be saved!

If you're daring enough you could always be cheap and take it apart and spray it white but then that's not a true Panda is it the black one's still really nice though
    ananimus likes this.
    I have a Veer that has done nothing but sit on a touchstone for the last month. Have never run an app on it. It's sitting at the "Too Many Cards" warning as of a few days ago.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I have a Veer that has done nothing but sit on a touchstone for the last month. Have never run an app on it. It's sitting at the "Too Many Cards" warning as of a few days ago.
    Rarely happens on mine with 2.2.4, when it does JSTop and/or reboot fix it :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Alan, I'm glad you got one.Too bad its not Verizon. I still have 4 of them. I just recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy Ace. It a bit bigger than a Pre. It feels like I'm carrying a small tablet in my pocket. And I hate the keyboard. One reason I got the Ace is it takes the same sim card as my Veer and I can switch back and forth as I want. For something so small, so solid, so powerful, its another testament to how bad HP f#cked up the Palm/WebOS experience. With the proper marketing this thing could have have been a giant killer...
    But with few apps and a 2 year old OS, I thought I would try something newer, especially since it (the Ace)was free.
    I still would like to try a Pre 3 if I could find one cheap??? Or trade for a BNIB white Veer +$?
  17.    #17  
    Yeah it is a bummer it's not available for use on Verizon. But hey, you should definitely give the Pre3 a shot. Especially with a new white Veer in the box. Head over to the Marketplace in this forum and make your offer. I bet someone will jump all over that!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    Its been there for a while no interest. :-(
    Lot of Veers still on ebay. I'd like to know how many are in service compared to the other webOS phones?
    well just got my new Veer in my hands, went to put in a sim, apparently its the wrong size since it slid in and disappeared!

now I've got to figure out how to get the dang thing out. Any suggestions are welcome.

at least my repair will be all webOS: using my Pre2 hotspot to look up Veer disassembly at webosinternals displayed on my TP. HAH
    Shake that phone like you mm ran business

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast