1.    #1  
    Hi there,

first of all: if there is another thread detailing this problem i'm happy to be pointed towards it...

anyway here's the thing:

I've got an EU Veer (QWERTZ) on the unofficial 2.2.4. version of webos, which is not spitting out a notification when new sms come in. I have a few patches concerning sms/messaging but i dis/enabled them all to see if that fixes it. Which it doesn't. A reboot doesn't change it as well. The issue is only present with sms. Whatsup and other stuff works fine.

Going back to 2.2.1.? is not really an option because i need the skype functionality and i really dont plan on doctoring or taking any similar harsh actions as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    Hi there,

first of all: if there is another thread detailing this problem i'm happy to be pointed towards it...

anyway here's the thing:

I've got an EU Veer (QWERTZ) on the unofficial 2.2.4. version of webos, which is not spitting out a notification when new sms come in. I have a few patches concerning sms/messaging but i dis/enabled them all to see if that fixes it. Which it doesn't. A reboot doesn't change it as well. The issue is only present with sms. Whatsup and other stuff works fine.

Going back to 2.2.1.? is not really an option because i need the skype functionality and i really dont plan on doctoring or taking any similar harsh actions as well.
    Try deleting those patches with the most recent one first
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  3.    #3  
    Found it. Forgot to install the "advanced system prefs framework" patch. Now it's working as it should.

Further reading: I remember now aborting the install of this particular patch because it took a while and i thought it was just in an infinite loop...

Thanks for the help anyway.