Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't think it (the order) should matter. Does Net10 not work with the auto settings? I've never had to set mine for T-mobile in my unlocked ATT Pre3, and in fact hanging them has never benefitted me. I've not had any trouble texting from either of my unlocked devices, though I don't recall whether I tried before signing into my profile. My opinion is the profile has zero to do with the phone's core services, and is only used for The backups and catalog.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/12/2014 at 02:17 PM.
    The auto settings didn't connect for some reason. In fact, the ones that were there did not match this info at all. Updated: How to Setup Straight Talk & NET10 Data and MMS on Android, iPhone & Windows Phone | Prepaid Phone News The settings straight from Net10 online worked prefectly under 2.1.2...I have no idea why it's giving me fits under 2.2.4. I'm doctoring again to give it another try. Turns out dev mode was OFF after I did a full erase so I'm hoping WOSQI detects the phone at first boot after the doctor is done. I'll post back. Oh and I thank Herrie for pointing me in the right direction via twitter to get my carrierdb.json file incorporated into the doctor but I can't get it to copy because of this attached error. That and he says I'll screw up the doctor because the MD5 won't match the old .json file...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    With dev mode on at first use you can in fact use WOSQI. Good to know. However, as easy as it was to transfer my backed up carrierdb.json file...it doens't do a thing without being able to toggle manual network settings to ON under the phone menu...so no success there. Honestly, rebuilding the doctor with wifi enabled and preconfigured for my home network is probably the only solution there. Now as far as APN settings...I'm rebooting right now after adding impostah and my Palm profile. I did NOT delete skip first use yet.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Ok so I remembered the old "reset profile" trick. I doctored (mentioned it above) to 2.2.4, bypassed activation, set my APN settings, enabled wifi, then reset the profile, after reboot into first use I logged into my Profile. So all text messaging, MMS, and internet are working fine (3G icon there - thanks for the explanation, Herrie, I installed the H+ icon patch for fun). I noticed that under Accounts in Impostah it still lists HP webOS Account as Dr Skipped...but under Palm Profile > Show Palm Profile my alias listed is correct. Under System > Accounts in launcher I see HP webOS Account as Dr. Skipped...what? I'm confused. I realize I've completely hijacked the ever loving snot out of this old thread. Woops.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I doctored my Pre3 a few days ago and because it wouldn't let me get rid of the problem (submenu in contacts (!) not opening) I decided to try it a 2nd time without logging into a profile (strangely that solved it...). However, I ran into exactly the same issue and if you do a search on this forum there are a lot more. Doctoring alone won't resolve the issue.

The only way I found to resolve it:
    • shut off palm-profile backups (this is essential even if it might not seem so)
    • run full erase on the device
    • run the doctor after that
    • log in to your profile using your SIM (which as I understand it correctly is an issue with your SIM/provider settings)

However, even with the 'Dr. Skipped Firstuse' in accounts I was able to get all the apps I had previously downloaded (including paid apps) with the profile I actually logged in with. Seems like a cosmetic issue to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Ok so I remembered the old "reset profile" trick. I doctored (mentioned it above) to 2.2.4, bypassed activation, set my APN settings, enabled wifi, then reset the profile, after reboot into first use I logged into my Profile. So all text messaging, MMS, and internet are working fine (3G icon there - thanks for the explanation, Herrie, I installed the H+ icon patch for fun). I noticed that under Accounts in Impostah it still lists HP webOS Account as Dr Skipped...but under Palm Profile > Show Palm Profile my alias listed is correct. Under System > Accounts in launcher I see HP webOS Account as Dr. Skipped...what? I'm confused. I realize I've completely hijacked the ever loving snot out of this old thread. Woops.
    comin in late but what is your remaining issue? use impostah to delete the dr. skipped ID from the accounts tab.

oh no texts? are you using the apns including tfdata? that is what i have along with http://mms-tf.net and mms3.tracfone.com:80, max size 600.

but i am running 2.1.2 not 224.

i tell you what now though, i won't be renewing this Sim. they throttled me down after consuming only 1,2 gig which i can see on this new phone life time data clock. so they apparently have a daily limit not just monthly cap. i still shows H+ icon but the speed test site which was givin 6mbps dl results, NOW WON'T EVEN LOAD.
    I got everything working now. I SHOULD have deleted Dr skipped and THEN reset the palm profile but it's not affecting anything. Next time! I'm using att.mvno settings. Not sure if it's because my Veer is ATT and Net10 favors ATT (or T-Mobile). At any rate, it's working.
    I got everything working now. I SHOULD have deleted Dr skipped and THEN reset the palm profile but it's not affecting anything. Next time! I'm using att.mvno settings. Not sure if it's because my Veer is ATT and Net10 favors ATT (or T-Mobile). At any rate, it's working.
    glad to hear it.

my net 10 Sim packet came with a choice of an att or t-mo and i chose the att one too. I'll try that attmvno and see if it works any better. in not using it for any thing but g-chat since it seems very throttled right now.

pretty sure you can remove that Dr skipped thru impostah any time if you wanna clean it up.
    The auto settings didn't connect for some reason. In fact, the ones that were there did not match this info at all. Updated: How to Setup Straight Talk & NET10 Data and MMS on Android, iPhone & Windows Phone | Prepaid Phone News The settings straight from Net10 online worked prefectly under 2.1.2...I have no idea why it's giving me fits under 2.2.4. I'm doctoring again to give it another try. Turns out dev mode was OFF after I did a full erase so I'm hoping WOSQI detects the phone at first boot after the doctor is done. I'll post back. Oh and I thank Herrie for pointing me in the right direction via twitter to get my carrierdb.json file incorporated into the doctor but I can't get it to copy because of this attached error. That and he says I'll screw up the doctor because the MD5 won't match the old .json file...

how's your experience with Net10 so far? i hope you're not as disappointed as i am.

i called CS to complain they had throttled me down too soon. my phone's lifetime data TX and RX adds up to 1.5Gb. it only has 24 calls on it.

i asked them how much data had i used, they said they couldn't see that and i'd have to refer to my device to see usage.

but when i said it was downloading at 6Mb then dropped to .5 they told me i had used my 2.5Gb already.

i said that's wrong because my non-resettable timer only shows 1.5Gb. So then i asked how can they know i've exceeded the limit, if they don't know how much i've used? doubletalk.

so that was a lesson learned.
    Oh yikes. That sucks. You know it was more to test out the coverage than it was the speed. I did a speed test using netspeed a couple times a couple weeks ago. The results of which I screened and sent to twitter https://twitter.com/alan_morford/media Not bad. I haven't done much with it heavy data wise. I more wanted to get a decent signal and usage test.
    Follow me on Twitter
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Glad you got it out. I'd be careful with the adapter though.. You'd better read up - I have read several posts saying those adapters tend to get caught in webOS phones. You're better off with a full-size SIM card. Good luck!
    I recommend a small amount of super glue to keep it in place
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12