1.    #1  
    Hi

I have a problem with my Veer and would appreciate your help. My phone wont do a manual backup. It says preparing then starts but then gets stuck midway through. I tried several times and it always gets stuck on the same position without completing. I waited 5 minutes and no progress. There is no notification like "Backup failed" the backup simply doesnt go through. I then abort the process.

I tried several times, however only on the same wifi connection. Restarted the phone.

What should I do? Is 5 minutes of waiting not enough? I'm too afraid to turn auto backup off because it will delete the backup and if the next backup doesnt come through I will end up with nothing.

Last automatic backup was 2 days ago, but the phone was offline today the whole day.

Thank you!
    Last edited by roughty; 09/21/2013 at 12:57 PM.
    What time was the last autobackup?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    What time was the last autobackup?
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    Last automatic backup was 2 days ago, but the phone was offline today the whole day.
    (That might have been an edit.)

Did you do anything out of the ordinary 2 days ago? Also, I recommend checking logs.
  4.    #4  
    I noticed immense battery draining a day and a half ago. Battery lost 1% per minute in use. I searched the forum, tried almos everything until I found two threads suggesting that failed backup could be a cause.

Went into backup app and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I still made sure to run a manual backup which stuck and I aborted the process. Since then battery is better than before. Only 1% loss per hour if wifi and everything else turned off which is great. But no manual backup works and no autoupdate since then.

Im afraid I am not at all familiar with logs and the like.
    No I actually meant the time not how many days.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE