Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    Can someone who's using the Veer with t-mob USA pls tell me what settings you're using for Internet and MMS APN? I can't send or receive an MMS; regular text is fine.

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by vantagebox View Post
    Can someone who's using the Veer with t-mob USA pls tell me what settings you're using for Internet and MMS APN? I can't send or receive an MMS; regular text is fine.

Thx
    See this: T-Mobile Internet & data settings: Non-T-Mo... | T-Mobile Support
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for sharing the link; that's exactly how I have it set and it doesn't work. Do you actually use T-mob and have it set this way and it's working? I figured someone on this forum must be using T-mob???

Thx again
    Thanks for sharing the link; that's exactly how I have it set and it doesn't work. Do you actually use T-mob and have it set this way and it's working? I figured someone on this forum must be using T-mob???

Thx again
    Yes. I have a Pre3 on T-Mobile.
    Did you know:

I'm not sure I've ever tried to send or receive an MMS on my Pre3 on T-mobile.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever tried to send or receive an MMS on my Pre3 on T-mobile.
    that was exactly my problem... I've actually owned my Veer for more than a year and have been using with t-mob all this time but never realized it had an MMS problem until this week. I bought it already unlocked on ebay if that makes any difference... it doesn't matter what APN settings I try to use (after searching the net for hours), it just won't work! Now wondering if it has anything to do with the way it was unlocked...
    Any chance you can take a screen shot of the network settings that you've entered and post it here?
    Did you know:

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Any chance you can take a screen shot of the network settings that you've entered and post it here?
    I have tried the following in multiple combinations, thx:

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng-t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080 (tried without proxy altogether and without port as well)
    MMS Max Message Size: 300

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080 (tried without proxy altogether and without port as well)
    MMS Max Message Size: 300
    I just tested MMS picture both send and receive and it works great for me on my veer using T-Mobile.
    here are my mms settings.
    mms apn epc.tmobile.com
    username none
    mmsc mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    max size 300
    everything else has nothing in it including mms proxy. The username literally says none but password has nothing in it. I hope this helps.
    Grabber5.0 and KURT B like this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    I just tested MMS picture both send and receive and it works great for me on my veer using T-Mobile.
    here are my mms settings.
    mms apn epc.tmobile.com
    username none
    mmsc mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    max size 300
    everything else has nothing in it including mms proxy. The username literally says none but password has nothing in it. I hope this helps.
    wow thanks! that actually worked. the difference was actually entering the word "none" under username and it now works...
    wow thanks! that actually worked. the difference was actually entering the word "none" under username and it now works...
    Interesting! To my knowledge, T-Mobile doesn't actually use the username or password. I wonder if it is some other component causing that? For me, they are both empty. BUT! This is on a Pre3. So, unless your Veer has 2.2.4, something might be different.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Interesting! To my knowledge, T-Mobile doesn't actually use the username or password. I wonder if it is some other component causing that? For me, they are both empty. BUT! This is on a Pre3. So, unless your Veer has 2.2.4, something might be different.
    Hi. I have the Pre 3 and am trying to set up for T-Mobile. Can you please provide the settings (APN interment and MMS) you got to work, and include if you have to have the data plan on to set up. (Seems like a chicken and egg dilemma since you have to have the correct settings for the data to work). Thanks
    i'm glad to have found these.

but my problem is not lack of mms. it's lack of data. i'm sending pictures.

what else needs to be set for the internet to work?

data is on. i have a 3G symbol. apps are downloading from the app cat, but no websites.

what else can i check? there's no debug field test for gsm as far as i know.
    still not working.

of course you cant troubleshoot a pay-by-day plan without it being active, so i just had to dump another $10 (since that's the minimum) into it just to talk with t-mo customer service.

who isn't doing anything to help. he emailed me the same settings i can find online. ugh.

i have found out the t-mo rep LIED and said the $30 for 100min/5gig is unavailable. IT IS. but only through walmart.

so i guess i have to go back to the store if i want to try a different sim, in case this is bad. but i expect they'll give me the "unsupported devices" excuse because it's not android. ooooh i'm so sick of android!
    Data for Veer? I remember when playing with one that the settings (ST ATT) only actually stuck by pure luck. Some combination of changing APN, etc, then saving and rebooting. Think RumoredNow and some others said same.

For me, third time was the charm.
    well, t-mo cs has credited my $20 if i want to fork over another $20 to get the sim at walmart that i wanted to begin with. but if i don't buy it, i lose $20.

but if i go buy it and it doesn't work either, then i'm out $40? ugh. i am not ready to risk that just to test how much a year has improved t-mo H+ coverage while using a webOS phone.

i wish i could test a t-mo active sim first, confirm i get data and not just a data icon. i'll have to revisit this when i feel more frivolous with my money.
    Does anyone have a proven config for Veer running 2.2.4 on T-Mobile? I get Internet with no issue, but can't receive MMSes.

I've tried I think just about all combinations of what T-Mobile's got posted here: T-Mobile internet & MMS APN settings | T-Mobile Support

However, each time I hit "Change Settings" webOS reports "Invalid MMS Settings..."

What's going on?

Also, my 3G indicator has been pegged on since I set the phone up. Is that related?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottermatic View Post
    Does anyone have a proven config for Veer running 2.2.4 on T-Mobile? I get Internet with no issue, but can't receive MMSes.

I've tried I think just about all combinations of what T-Mobile's got posted here: T-Mobile internet & MMS APN settings | T-Mobile Support

However, each time I hit "Change Settings" webOS reports "Invalid MMS Settings..."

What's going on?

Also, my 3G indicator has been pegged on since I set the phone up. Is that related?

Thanks!
    The invalid mms settings message is normal. Just hit the save anyway and it will work if you follow my post on the subject. (post #9 in this thread)
    In spite of all above's best efforts it seems there is something of a permanent glitch involving T-Mobile USA's network and the Veer, regardless of whether it's running 2.1.2 or 2.2.4. I've run both, every setting and reboot imaginable and still cannot receive MMS pictures with it. I can send them. I can use the Internet. Just can't receive. AT&T SIMs in the same phones (I have two Veers) work just fine, send and receive. I'm curious as this hasn't been mentioned explicitly -- if you are fully functional with a Veer on T-Mobile, in what area are you located? I'm in Orlando, Florida, USA. Perhaps geography is a factor, either because of towers or something internal to the T-Mobile data switching system. I'm actually planning to leave T-Mobile for an AT&T-affiliate carrier just because of this.
    Last edited by OrlandoAlex; 02/09/2015 at 09:45 PM.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I find this interesting to hear, I do wonder how many people are using MMS, I have never used it.

Is this region related? Are there people in Europe who use this? Which country?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast