Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    My experience of MMS is of people telling me they sent me a picture - but I didn't get it. I keep meaning to try to find the correct settings. That I haven't got round to it shows how much I need it, but it would be nice to have.
    I never had trouble on T-mobile, but I switched to a no-data plan so I can't receive MMS on that line right now, but was able to send over WiFi. If I recall correctly, I was only able to send and receive using the auto APN settings.
    I have been having problems with T-Mobile on a Pre 3 for several months now. I think they changed something toward the middle of last year. Aside from the inability to send/receive pictures (I can't do either), it annoys me in that I don't get group texts sent from some phone OSes. webOS sends texts to multiple people as separate SMS messages, but others (Android and iOS, at least) send them as MMS messages to all participants -- and I don't get them. Curiously enough, I often get replies to group texts that I didn't receive.

I have tried the settings in post 9 as well as others recommended by T-Mobile tech support and other threads -- nothing seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kolomona View Post
    I have been having problems with T-Mobile on a Pre 3 for several months now. I think they changed something toward the middle of last year. Aside from the inability to send/receive pictures (I can't do either), it annoys me in that I don't get group texts sent from some phone OSes. webOS sends texts to multiple people as separate SMS messages, but others (Android and iOS, at least) send them as MMS messages to all participants -- and I don't get them. Curiously enough, I often get replies to group texts that I didn't receive.

I have tried the settings in post 9 as well as others recommended by T-Mobile tech support and other threads -- nothing seems to work.
    kolomona -- do you mean to say you had fully functional MMS and then sometime last year it just stopped working? No settings or SIM card changes? If so, I wonder if this is something that could only be corrected from the T-Mobile side, perhaps with as little as a phone call with a tech to get the phone's IMEI put on the proper list. That said, since my phone can send MMS, I can't imagine the network doesn't consider my phone compatible. For some reason it just doesn't get the message, or if it does, doesn't know what to do with it so essentially auto-trashes it.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    for about a year now I have not been able to send or receive photo mms or receive group texts. Tonight I turned off the "manual settings" and I can send picture texts, still unable to receive them. My wife sent me a picture mms from her 6plus, but I still have not gotten it. Anyone try changing that setting and send a picture. I am on T-Mo.

Kurt.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    for about a year now I have not been able to send or receive photo mms or receive group texts. Tonight I turned off the "manual settings" and I can send picture texts, still unable to receive them. My wife sent me a picture mms from her 6plus, but I still have not gotten it. Anyone try changing that setting and send a picture. I am on T-Mo.

Kurt.
    Did you ever get MMS via T-Mobile on your Veer working? I also have a Veer, and really like using it, but that's the one feature I can't get working. I can send picture messages, but not receive them, on T-Mobile.
    I have not been a le to receive picture texts, but can send. Still trying different settings, if I find one that works I'll post it. I have a Pre3, make sure all your setting are for a phone that is 3G, no higher. T-mo does not support us for 4G yet.

Kurt.
    Are any U.S. T-Mobile webOS users having trouble with data today?
    My daily driver is Sprint FrankenPre2, but I keep a Pre-Paid T-Mo SIM for emergencies like the power outage we had today. The last time I tried that SIM in an EU Pre3, all was fine, but when I needed it earlier today, no data!!!
    I can ping google with Xterm, but I can't hit it with the browser - times-out.
    Preware can't pull feeds...
    ...But I can hit t-mobile.com in the browser (argh!) - that's the only website I've been able to reach.
    I keep this SIM charged up for times like this morning when I needed a hotspot, but it failed miserably.
    I only use this thing occasionally, so I'm hoping someone who's a regular T-Mobile user knows something I don't...
    I use mms all the time on my pre3, but can never receive picture texts. It started over a year ago. I also do not receive group text messages. Still looking for a solution. No problem with data today.
    I use mms all the time on my pre3, but can never receive picture texts. It started over a year ago. I also do not receive group text messages. Still looking for a solution. No problem with data today.
    With T-Mobile NL I needed to send a MMS myself first before I could receive them. That's quite common from what I understood.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    So.... I switched back to my Pre3 as a primary phone after being away from it for about a year. I guess I had switched just before this issue. But, I have been narrowing it down to an almost persistent crash in the mms-service binary. It appears to expect a value that isn't there, doesn't check for a null pointer, and then crashes. There is also another problem even before that, but I think I have resolved that one. I'll post something here when I have made progress. Thankfully, the crash involves libmojocore, which is part of the open webOS source code that was released. So, I am going to get a binary of that built for the mms-service program to use.

Let's hope that is the last error that I encounter. Otherwise, I'll have to write the whole thing from scratch......
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Let's hope that is the last error that I encounter. Otherwise, I'll have to write the whole thing from scratch......
    How is the MMS on LuneOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    How is the MMS on LuneOS?
    Don't believe it exists at this point. I was half tempted to re-write the mms-service on the Pre3 and in the process make it work for LuneOS. However, the underlying plumbing for both is different, so not sure if that'd work. I dunno... Might have a go at it. :P But my first goal will be to just get my Pre3 going. lol
    Did you know:

So I've had a Veer for a while, that I've not used seriously ever. I even have a post in this thread from the last time i gave it a shot. It's still at v2.12

So for Christmas my friend who loves harassing me for using webOS, gave me a spare sim from his t-mo family plan just to see it work.

Well of course he sends me a picture by text first, and the phone fails to receive it. Egg on face.

Anyone have solution for this t-mo picture mail problem yet?

I'm using epc.tmobile.com as apn, using the word 'none' as username with a blank p/w field.
    Mmsc is mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc, without any http prefix. Proxy = blank, max = 300

I'm in Atlanta, showing a 3G symbol when WiFi is off. I've tried sending and receiving.

Suggestions anyone?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I'm working on a drop-in replacement for mms-service, or at least a crutch at first. If you look in /media/internal/.attachments/mms/ the last folder (or one of the last 5 folders) might have the contents. Unfortunately, mms-service crashes before finally saving the message to the database.
    Did you know:

TJs11thPre likes this.
    Trying to get this veer going is more daunting than i thought. I've done all the steps in the past, but remembering how now is proving difficult. After installing the latest rootcert fixes, do I still set up gmail as generic imap? Do i still need 0auth2 for contacts and calendar?

This is why i wish we had cumulative updates. Something that rolls all the past fixes into one so there's no guess work as to what's obsolete vs still functional and necessary.

Tomorrow. Long day finally over.
    On my Veer I am using Cert Grabber with generic IMAP for email. Still haven't tried OpenSSL.

For contacts/calendar I am using C-DAV connector.

Frantid's Oauth2 will allow you to set email/calendar up as the standard Google accounts and may be the better option.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    test trying to reply from veer through forums app. 2nd attempt.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

test successful cool.
    idk why pandora failing.

i havent seen an H+ symbol, only 3G. anyone else see the H+ on a veer jumped to t-mo?
    I can get mms picture mail to send, but not receive. I'm using the internet2.voicestream.com apn.

The epc.tmobile.com apn does not work for me. (No send) neither does fast.t-mobile.com

I'm using the mmsc http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc without proxy. But the other mmsc which includes the word "servlets" also worked. The proxy doesn't seem to affect it, they both worked with it.

I'm really interested in hearing from those who can receive picture mail. Do you have other settings or patches that affect your data connection? I've got the 3G symbol the whole time. I do not have the ability to choose Edge of another band specifically.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/30/2015 at 03:13 PM.
    So is everyone on t-mobile just not receiving picture mail and group mails??? No fix for this???

I can't rely on using a Veer on t-mo as daily driver if I'm uncertain about getting all msgs sent to me.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast