1.    #1  
    Guys, I can imagine this question is asked before although i can't find it relating to the Veer and neither in this context.

When I bought the Veer two years ago (running 2.1.1) the just type google search suggestions worked flawlessly, this was done by hitting the 'Suggest' button after typing something. It is described in this link Just type: Google Suggest [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation This was a truly useful feature I was using every day. At some point the suggestion feature just stopped working (don't really remember if it was after the 2.2.4 update).

Is there any way to fix the search suggestions? I would love to be able to use this feature again!
    Last edited by DRS10; 08/19/2013 at 08:31 AM.
    fiddled around with it 8 month ago, with no solution:

Just Type Google suggest not working

Perhaps someone with more experience can use these infos to create a solution.

Still seems to work if set to a suggest-enabled open-search site: Just Type Opensearch for every Website
    I just went to: Duck Duck Go + Google Suggest OpenSearch Plugin and Proxy

after visiting you should automagically have "DuckDuckGo + google suggest Encrypted" in your JustType search engines list. Make this to your default-search engine and suggestions are back

Perhaps someone finds the same for google...
    Ok now finally got it working with google / ssl / suggest ssl:

just go to dowload the zip:

duckduck-sslsuggest.xml
    duckduck-sslsuggest-de.xml
    google-sslsuggest.xml
    google-sslsuggest-de.xml

other languages can be changed via parameter in the xmls-files:
    DUCKDUCKGo: https://duckduckgo.com/params
    Google: https://sites.google.com/site/tomiha...language-codes

just put the unpacked attached xml files to any webservers root and use this index.html:
    <html><head><title>Google suggest Open-Search for webOS</title>
    <link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" title="Google sslsuggest" href="google-sslsuggest.xml"/>
    <link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" title="Google sslsuggest DE" href="google-sslsuggest-de.xml"/>
    <link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" title="DuckDuck sslsuggest" href="duckduck-sslsuggest.xml"/>
    <link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" title="DuckDuck sslsuggest DE" href="duckduck-sslsuggest-de.xml"/>
    </head>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    Then use your phone and browse to the webserver, and wait some seconds so the search-engines will apear and add one of the four possibilites as your default search engine: If the don't apear, reboot phone, sometimes the adding-function is killed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Ok now finally got it working with google / ssl / suggest ssl:

just go to imueller<dot>de , wait some seconds and add one of the for possibilites as your default search engine:
    duckduck-sslsuggest.xml
    duckduck-sslsuggest-de.xml
    google-sslsuggest.xml
    google-sslsuggest-de.xml

If above site is not working anymore, just put attached xml files to any webservers root and use this index.html:

Then use your phone and browse to the webserver, and wait some seconds so the search-engines will apear. If the don't apear, reboot phone, sometimes the adding-function is killed.
    Wow Gizmo, this method through your link is indeed working!!! Both google engines are for the German google though. Is it possible for you to make it link to the Dutch google or at least the general/English google?

I'm really surprised to see this working again!!! Thanx!!
    Last edited by DRS10; 08/19/2013 at 05:31 AM.
    ah damn it, remove all engines , clear browser cache and then load again (now with .com).
    NL on top - for you only, all others please build your own ones (see above).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    ah damn it, remove all engines , clear browser cache and then load again (now with .com).
    NL on top - for you only, all others please build your own ones (see above).
    Wow many thanx again!!! The Dutch one is working! Truly appreciate it!