webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Micro-SIM Adapter
Micro-SIM Adapter
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 2 Post By dkirker

Old 08/03/2013, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone purchased this adapter? Noosy Nano sim Adapter - webOS Sim Adapters - webOS Nation Store
I purchased an HP Veer and I don't want to get my iPhone 4 Micro-SIM stuck in the slot. Or what kind of adapter would you recommend? Or should I just get a full size SIM Card? I've been reading about people who get the adapters stuck or ripping out pins. I've also read the other threads and they were not clear about Micro-SIMs and adapters

Last edited by boovish; 08/03/2013 at 09:50 PM.
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2013, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boovish View Post
Has anyone purchased this adapter? Noosy Nano sim Adapter - webOS Sim Adapters - webOS Nation Store
I purchased an HP Veer and I don't want to get my iPhone 4 Micro-SIM stuck in the slot. Or what kind of adapter would you recommend? Or should I just get a full size SIM Card? I've been reading about people who get the adapters stuck or ripping out pins. I've also read the other threads and they were not clear about Micro-SIMs and adapters
I have this one, my ma got an Xperia back while and didn't needed it because she had a mini SIM.

Original Sony Micro Sim Adapter Converter for Sony Xperia Go Xperia ion Xperia Z | eBay

Works well for my Veer and Pre 3, no broken pins.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Thanked By: boovish
Old 08/04/2013, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm looking for one too, for my Veer.

@ToniCipriani : your link doesn't work in my country.

Anybody has a link for a good adapter with international shipping ? One known to work reliably with the Veer ? Or does the Noosy adapter from OP link work well ? It would save me some hassle ^^
Old 08/04/2013, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
I'm looking for one too, for my Veer.

@ToniCipriani : your link doesn't work in my country.

Anybody has a link for a good adapter with international shipping ? One known to work reliably with the Veer ? Or does the Noosy adapter from OP link work well ? It would save me some hassle ^^
This one is in the webOS Nation Store, so I think it may work for the Veer

Noosy Nano sim Adapter - webOS Sim Adapters - webOS Nation Store
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2013, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

My recommendation:

These are the PERFECT SIM adapter. I use one on my Pre3. BUT!!! (THIS IS IMPORTANT) I recommend adding a dab of super glue to the back of the SIM to hold it to the adapter's thin piece of plastic. Don't worry: If you use a tiny, pin sized drop, it won't damage the SIM -- AND! It is easier to clean up. It sounds like the Sony adapter (the one linked to on eBay) might have a glue already on it.

Anyway, the reason for the adhesive: I have gone to remove my SIM&adapter before in the Pre3, and the SIM managed to slide out, leaving the adapter. Of course... I kinda pried and didn't think to slide a piece of slim plastic in and remove the adapter... But anyway, this is riskier for the Veer, since one could loose something in it. The dab of adhesive guarantees that the SIM and adapter operate as one.
Thanked by boovish, Remy X, RumoredNow
Old 08/05/2013, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
My recommendation:

These are the PERFECT SIM adapter. I use one on my Pre3. BUT!!! (THIS IS IMPORTANT) I recommend adding a dab of super glue to the back of the SIM to hold it to the adapter's thin piece of plastic. Don't worry: If you use a tiny, pin sized drop, it won't damage the SIM -- AND! It is easier to clean up. It sounds like the Sony adapter (the one linked to on eBay) might have a glue already on it.

Anyway, the reason for the adhesive: I have gone to remove my SIM&adapter before in the Pre3, and the SIM managed to slide out, leaving the adapter. Of course... I kinda pried and didn't think to slide a piece of slim plastic in and remove the adapter... But anyway, this is riskier for the Veer, since one could loose something in it. The dab of adhesive guarantees that the SIM and adapter operate as one.
Nice feedback. I'll keep it in mind, thanks