Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Got HP/Palm Veer testing sample from Ex-HP guys. There are a lot of testing programms in it. No webos. ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    I have seen the HP Palm on a few of these Veer devices... Seem to prove the Veer was the last Palm Device...

    Seems there were a few Veer's produced before HP bought Palm, so they were branded with Palm, and when HP bought them they added the HP branding (even have seen it as a sticker, instead of painted on)...

    Also Like the Palm boot logo...

    Not that I have not mentioned the Veer is the last to have the P model numbers (P160UEU and P160UNA), and the Touchpad, Pre3 and Go all start with HSTNH the HP model numbers...

    Also seen that testing software on other devices, if you make a backup of it, I would love to know if it works on other webOS devices, or was it specific to each device (uimage)?
  3. #3  
    Looks like the software has options for hardware that was never actually built into the Veer - so could have a more 'Universal' application-potential.

    Interesting!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have seen the HP Palm on a few of these Veer devices... Seem to prove the Veer was the last Palm Device...

    Seems there were a few Veer's produced before HP bought Palm, so they were branded with Palm, and when HP bought them they added the HP branding (even have seen it as a sticker, instead of painted on)...

    Also Like the Palm boot logo...

    Not that I have not mentioned the Veer is the last to have the P model numbers (P160UEU and P160UNA), and the Touchpad, Pre3 and Go all start with HSTNH the HP model numbers...

    Also seen that testing software on other devices, if you make a backup of it, I would love to know if it works on other webOS devices, or was it specific to each device (uimage)?
    It was painting on with HP/Palm on back cover. System Info Build: 80. HW rev: broadway-dvt. MB S/N: BWYEAA7WCF0020....
    Do not know how to turn it off. And do not know to make backuo of it. Try to ask last owner ....
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    It was painting on with HP/Palm on back cover. System Info Build: 80. HW rev: broadway-dvt. MB S/N: BWYEAA7WCF0020....
    Do not know how to turn it off. And do not know to make backuo of it. Try to ask last owner ....
    You can use the Makefile from the meta doctor application to backup a device...

    One can always boot from a uimage and back it up that way as well...

    If you PM a location of the backup I will make a script to restore it via a doctor type process...
    TJs11thPre, Remy X and xandros9 like this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    You can use the Makefile from the meta doctor application to backup a device...

    One can always boot from a uimage and back it up that way as well...

    If you PM a location of the backup I will make a script to restore it via a doctor type process...
    @ John: can a hardware test suite be produced from what's on this phone? personally, i'd love to be able to test the Bluetooth functionality and other TX/RX stuff, more thoroughly than the quick tests in the Device Info app. (maybe there's a way to do that now but i'm unaware)

    @ lemanho: VERY COOL score! i hope you figure out how to have some fun with it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    @ John: can a hardware test suite be produced from what's on this phone? personally, i'd love to be able to test the Bluetooth functionality and other TX/RX stuff, more thoroughly than the quick tests in the Device Info app. (maybe there's a way to do that now but i'm unaware)

    @ lemanho: VERY COOL score! i hope you figure out how to have some fun with it.
    If I had the source maybe, but without it I will never know...

    Depends on the device WebOS Hash Codes - WebOS Internals

    CDMA seems to give more users choices in testing...
    and if one uses QUALCOMM QPST it can debug and test further, although it can also trash a modem...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If I had the source maybe, but without it I will never know...

    Depends on the device WebOS Hash Codes - WebOS Internals

    CDMA seems to give more users choices in testing...
    and if one uses QUALCOMM QPST it can debug and test further, although it can also trash a modem...
    wow! what a great link! i had no idea this was already compiled somewhere. i KNEW there was a 'help' something. it's helphelp. duh.

    THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

    however - when did this "#", change from the "pound" symbol to the "hash" symbol??
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    wow! what a great link! i had no idea this was already compiled somewhere. i KNEW there was a 'help' something. it's helphelp. duh.

    THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

    however - when did this "#", change from the "pound" symbol to the "hash" symbol??
    Do not know 100% but this URL tries to explain... What should you call the # symbol? | The Hot Word | Hot & Trending Words Daily Blog at Dictionary.com
  10.    #10  
    Interesting!.....after run "Palm" boot logo and see home page. It shows
    System tests
    Power tests
    Auto cyclic tests
    Manual functional tests
    Logging tests
    Desense

    Next page shows......

    OTA Desense
    Compliance
    Tap the Targets TP test
    Modem passthrough
    System Shutdown.

    Each test item will run more small test. Like Power Tests shows ...
    Accelerometer
    Battery
    Camera
    CPU RUN%
    Keyboard
    Modem
    Touchpanel
    Wifi
    Audio
    Blue Tooth
    CPU
    Display
    Lights
    Proximity
    Vibrator
    If click "more"it shows................
    Charger
    LightSensor
    USB
    GPS

    So if get those softwares and put into pre/pre2/pre3......
    xandros9 and Remy X like this.
  11. #11  
    i think a lot of those tests are already available (at least on pre3) in the device info app under the tests menu.
  12.    #12  
    Quick tests / Interactive tests from Preferences of Device Information from pre/pre2/pre3 are exist. But above hardware tests look more detail than Quick/Interactive test. Unfortunately there is not OS in this sample device. Also can not enter recovery mode like Topaz/Opal andriod version when hold power+Vol up..

    So nothing I can do....
  13. #13  
    The thing I find most interesting is the "HP / palm" back ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14.    #14  
    Connecting the Veer to Win 7 PC and show Rcokhopper device. And can not search driver.
    Anyone knows https://wiki.palm.com/display/Rockhopper/Novacom
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    OMG i cant believe just wasted 2 hours reading symbol and letter origins on dictionary.com.

    thanks John!! lol
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Connecting the Veer to Win 7 PC and show Rockhopper device. And can not search driver.
    Anyone knows https://wiki.palm.com/display/Rockhopper/Novacom
    This is all I can find re. 'Rockhopper' ref. here.

    Turning off rockhopper?

    But you have no command line access at all?

    Frustrating!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  17. #17  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Rockhopper$ $is$ $the$ $linux$ $distro$ $that$ $webOS$ $is$ $based$ $on$, $and$ $from$ $what$ $I$'$ve$ $heard$ $seems$ $to$ $have$ $some$ $Debian$-$originated$ $code$. $So$ $I$ $assume$ $that$ $the$ $system$ $tests$ $seen$ $here$ $run$ $on$ $top$ $of$ $a$ $bare$ $kernel$.

    I also wonder what kind of a bootloader is in place, because with the production bootloader, it should be possible to enter recovery mode, but that hasn't happened

    Bootie takes novacom drivers, but whatever seems to be loaded now clearly doesn't ask for those. Maybe this was a bench prototype, and all reflashing and tests being done via JTAG?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Rockhopper$ $is$ $the$ $linux$ $distro$ $that$ $webOS$ $is$ $based$ $on$, $and$ $from$ $what$ $I$'$ve$ $heard$ $seems$ $to$ $have$ $some$ $Debian$-$originated$ $code$. $So$ $I$ $assume$ $that$ $the$ $system$ $tests$ $seen$ $here$ $run$ $on$ $top$ $of$ $a$ $bare$ $kernel$.

    I also wonder what kind of a bootloader is in place, because with the production bootloader, it should be possible to enter recovery mode, but that hasn't happened

    Bootie takes novacom drivers, but whatever seems to be loaded now clearly doesn't ask for those. Maybe this was a bench prototype, and all reflashing and tests being done via JTAG?
    I had tried it....
    Hold power+Vol up means turn on the device.
    Hold power+vol down still means turn on device too..

    Feels no bootloader for this device. Or do not know how find the bootloader in the device. There are lot of useful tools of Palm/HP/webos in //wiki.palm.com. But it was closed...

    Just like topaz/opal andriod version. There are no bootloard in it. Need to do.
    1. flash chainbootie into device and enter fastboot.
    2. need DFU connect PC and dfu-util -D boot-topaz.bin...
    3. PC will knows Nova device (Novacom).
    4. use "NDI" flash back to webos.
    5. hold power+Vol up to enter recovery mode if wants flash again..

    No idea for this device...
  19. #19  
    I see. This probably means that the device uses a standard Rockhopper bootloader, modified based on the Qualcomm schematic.

    If you have some spare time, read this thread, pages 1 though 4: Working to root playbook? What's your progress? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

    quackquack, who is working on reverse-engineering the Blackberry Playbook bootloader talks about how a bootloader has several "layers", which are chained together. Bootie seems to have some advanced features, while the bare bones Rockhopper-Qualcomm bootloader seems a lot more basic. I do wonder if the drivers can be found elsewhere, or the original source code.



    I'm thinking, perhaps it might be possible to download the contents of the flash memory via JTAG and analyse them later...
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I see. This probably means that the device uses a standard Rockhopper bootloader, modified based on the Qualcomm schematic.

    If you have some spare time, read this thread, pages 1 though 4: Working to root playbook? What's your progress? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

    quackquack, who is working on reverse-engineering the Blackberry Playbook bootloader talks about how a bootloader has several "layers", which are chained together. Bootie seems to have some advanced features, while the bare bones Rockhopper-Qualcomm bootloader seems a lot more basic. I do wonder if the drivers can be found elsewhere, or the original source code.



    I'm thinking, perhaps it might be possible to download the contents of the flash memory via JTAG and analyse them later...
    Thanks. I will read this thread. Also I have a Blackberry Playbook 32G prototype device which is no BB OS in it. (That means empty in the device).Look for something to do..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hewlett Packard Tips the Palm Gyst, Palm Myte, and Palm Veer?
    By Azthel in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12/21/2010, 11:20 PM
  2. rss reader sample ?
    By boucles0 in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06/09/2010, 03:29 PM
  3. First Palm Pre camera image sample
    By DevilsRejection in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06/09/2009, 07:03 PM
  4. sample movies for TCPMP
    By deelight_7 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02/15/2006, 11:55 AM
  5. Audio sample?
    By AJB in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/04/2003, 04:44 AM

Posting Permissions