Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    can't seem to find a definite answer to this question. I can't seem to find Smart Office in the app store for my Veer. Is it not compatible? I can see it for my Pre-.
    I think it was only made for 320x480+ devices

Being a PDK app, I don't think it take to well to the reduced screen real estate if you could install it.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I think it was only made for 320x480+ devices

Being a PDK app, I don't think it take to well to the reduced screen real estate if you could install it.
    Side Loaded on my Veer works fine... So if you have a device (preplus/pre/pre2/pre3) that can get it, you can the copy the ipk from them to the Veer.
    Remy X likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies guys. Well, I do have an old Pre -, John. Will that still work when side loading an app from a Webos 1.4 device to a webos 2.0 device?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjensen71 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Well, I do have an old Pre -, John. Will that still work when side loading an app from a Webos 1.4 device to a webos 2.0 device?
    As far as I can tell using the App Catalog there is no difference with this IPK, Some Apps might be different per device which might have different versions, but it appears the same version with this IPK...

Requires: webOS 1.4.5
    Version: 1.8.5
    Available for: Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Pre3

Source:https://developer.palm.com/appredire...smartofficepre

As one pays for this app, and Palm allows more then one device (Phone and Touchpad) to share Apps with your purchase, I do not see any issues with this method, however, I am not condoning copyright violations like posting your paid IPK on a web site or sharing it with a friend, only on your own devices.

The best way I know is either set the debug switch to retain the IPK, or copy the IPK during the install (using command line), then use WOSQI, Preware or Internalz Pro to install it on the Veer.
    I've tried this install two ways and neither seems to work. Method one; install IPK via WOSQI; yields an app that starts up, goes to a launch screen and stops. Method two; put veer in usb drive mode, copy file, use Internalz to install; this methods results in an endless install..and does't seem to install anything.

Any help would be appreciated.