1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I don't know if this has already been posted.

My problem: My Veer won't charge until it completely runs out of battery. Charging via USB to computer is fine, but it's such a hassle to turn of my laptop just for charging my little phone. This problem has already been there since I bought it (it was a new phone with WebOS 2.1) - but I ignored it. My Veer has now WebOS 2.2.4 and the problem is still there...

I hope someone can solve this problem ;D
    Thanks
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Ok.

To make this a little more clear, do you have the Touchstone, the magnetic cable or both?

Do you have the original charger?

Does the phone charge if it is powered off? Does it refuse to charge if the battery died, you started charging it but the process was interrupted?

I'm just trying to guess what's wrong, because normally when a device hits 100% charge, it stops charging and idles till it hits something like 96%, then starts charging again. Perhaps the mechanism that is responsible for this charge cycling is somehow malfunctioning.
  3.    #3  
    No, I don't have the original charger (is this a problem?) - using both Touchstone and the magnetic cable.

Haven't tried to charge it when it's off - but how can I see if it's charging when the device is off?
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    No, I don't have the original charger (is this a problem?) - using both Touchstone and the magnetic cable.

Haven't tried to charge it when it's off - but how can I see if it's charging when the device is off?
    I mean to say, do you have any barrel charger or are you stuck using the laptop for every time you have to charge..

When it's off? You can first write down the starting %, then power it down and leave it charging for 20 minutes, then power on and see if it has charged any..

And then, i don't remember too well, but there's a difference in the way the touchstone coils buzz, between the time it's regulated charging, and when it's just applying voltage to the coils.. sorry if it doesn't make sense.. there's just a tiny bit of difference in charging when it's on and when it's off...
  5.    #5  
    I thought you meant with "original charger" a barrel charger from Palm/HP. No, I can charge without my laptop (I think I wrote that charging by laptop was fine).

Imma try in the next days if it's charging when the device is off... So there's no way to charge my Veer if it's on without using my laptop?
    We still don't know what charger you have. The Veer comes with a touchstone, the magnetic USB cable and the "barrel charger".
    So when you plug the original USB cable in original "barrel charger" does it charge?
    You can't charge a webOS device while switched off. It will automatically switch on.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    [...]

You can't charge a webOS device while switched off. It will automatically switch on.
    Oops... Some things in my mind weren't straight from the time when my Pre+ had some serious problems... But still, starting to charge from a powered off state may help bypass the strange problem he seems to be having...

I agree though, it's still not 100% clear what works in his case and what doesn't... We have a patchwork of facts, but aren't exactly close to diagnosing the problem, not until it's all clear to us
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    We still don't know what charger you have. The Veer comes with a touchstone, the magnetic USB cable and the "barrel charger".
    So when you plug the original USB cable in original "barrel charger" does it charge?
    There wasn't an original charger in the original package (I doubt that I had overlooked it since it's quite big) - but I do not think that my charger (which is a just a charger with a USB-port - not branded) is defect, since it's still charging under certain circumstances ;D

EDIT: Tested it - Veer will only charge when the battery is completely drained - won't charge if I just switch it off - it just turns itself on
    Last edited by Nonononoki; 06/30/2013 at 02:34 AM.