Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Today, I was playing music on my HP veer then suddenly I got a call. Once I answered the call the display turned completely black. Music was still playing in the background but display was black. I pressed power button and I could hear the system sounds but display stayed black. Further, I pressed keyboard keys, ringer and volume buttons but nothing seemed to work. Then I plugged it into the charger for 15-20 seconds and then opened / closed slider few times and pressed power button few times and surprise....surprise display came back. So after few minutes I again faced this problem. I realized the display turns black and stops responding whenever music is playing on my device and suddenly if I get a call and answer it. I think this has got something to do with the unofficial webos 2.2.4 version and veer-in-call reboot patch (fake activity). Proximity sensor behaves weirdly I guess.

Is there any way to downgrade my veer from 2.2.4 to webos 2.1.2??? I don't want any more black display also my veer is quite slow so I want to downgrade and over-clock it. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade.
    Last edited by admonchi; 06/16/2013 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by admonchi View Post
    Today, I was playing music on my HP veer then suddenly I got a call. Once I answered the call the display turned completely black. Music was still playing in the background but display was black. I pressed power button and I could hear the system sounds but display stayed black. Further, I pressed keyboard keys, ringer and volume buttons but nothing seemed to work. Then I plugged it into the charger for 15-20 seconds and then opened / closed slider few times and pressed power button few times and surprise....surprise display came back. So after few minutes I again faced this problem. I realized the display turns black and stops responding whenever music is playing on my device and suddenly if I get a call and answer it. I think this has got something to do with the unofficial webos 2.2.4 version and veer-in-call reboot patch (fake activity). Proximity sensor behaves weirdly I guess.

Is there any way to downgrade my veer from 2.2.4 to webos 2.1.2??? I don't want any more black display also my veer is quite slow so I want to downgrade and over-clock it. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade.
    You can do anything you wish to your Veer, downgrade to webOS 2.2.3, webOS 2.1.2, or webOS 2.1.1... Nothing is stopping you from Doctoring the Veer...

So go to WebOSInternals (WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals), or your HPwebOS Profile (https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface)...

If you have any issues, post them and I am sure someone will answer...
    Quote Originally Posted by admonchi View Post

I have the same problem with my Pre 3 and the solution is very simple:

Remove the screen protector/Remove it over the proximity sensor then put it back on.

and yes, the proximity sensor and accelerometer in these phones are very sensitive
    Face grime also triggers that sensor....