Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Today, I was playing music on my HP veer then suddenly I got a call. I answered the call however since then the display turned completely black. Music is still playing in the background but display is black. I tried pressing the power button I hear the system sounds but display stays black....further tried pressing keyboard keys, ringer and volume buttons but nothing seems to work. Please help????
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    if you have a screen protector with a cutout where the light sensor is, make sure there's no build up in the cutout. I ended up removing the screen protector as it was happening regularly and hard to clean out.
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by admonchi View Post
    Today, I was playing music on my HP veer then suddenly I got a call. I answered the call however since then the display turned completely black. Music is still playing in the background but display is black. I tried pressing the power button I hear the system sounds but display stays black....further tried pressing keyboard keys, ringer and volume buttons but nothing seems to work. Please help????
    Pull the battery
    This sometimes happens on my Pre 3 lately. Usually after this happens, the battery goes flat button occurs, and the battery needs a bit of charge before it goes back to normal again.

I'm suspecting it's a bug with the A6 firmware/chip with partially worn batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Pull the battery
    On a Veer????

Hard reset is holding power button down and flicking the mute switch a few times.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Veer don't have battery?
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your replies.

I plugged it into the charger for 15-20 seconds and then opened / closed slider few times while pressing power button and display came back. So after few minutes I again faced this problem, this happens if I play music on my device and suddenly if I get a call and try to answer the call display turns black. I think this has got something to do with the unofficial webos 2.2.4 version and veer-in-call reboot patch (fake activity). Proximity sensor behaves weirdly I guess.

Is there any way to downgrade my veer to webos 2.1.2???
    Veer don't have battery?
    Not a removable one.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Veer don't have battery?
    Not a removable one.
    Removable actually, but there's a white film warranty sticker that prevents you from fully detaching the back cover

The true non-removable batteries are either glued/taped (Oppo Find5) or soldered in (iPhone)...

In the Veer, pulling the battery happens to be the fix for the "stuck in QHUSB-DLOAD mode" problem, and someone (Internals?) has posted a guide to removing the battery without voiding the warranty...

Edit - here's the guide: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...attery_removal

It is possible to remove the battery without dislodging the white warranty sticker.
    Last edited by Remy X; 06/16/2013 at 11:30 PM.
    Damn I did not know that. Always assumed all these palm phones had removable battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Removable actually, but there's a white film warranty sticker that prevents you from fully detaching the back cover

The true non-removable batteries are either glued/taped (Oppo Find5) or soldered in (iPhone)...

In the Veer, pulling the battery happens to be the fix for the "stuck in QHUSB-DLOAD mode" problem, and someone (Internals?) has posted a guide to removing the battery without voiding the warranty...

Edit - here's the guide: Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals
    Since all of them are now out of warranty, nobody should care about a silly sticker. Rip that thing apart and get that battery replaced! It's pretty damn simple to take apart a Veer and put it back together in 15 minutes with that guide. Just don't worry about the sticker.
    You can even remove the battery and leaving the sticker 100% ok, just open up the back very slightly :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    if you have a screen protector with a cutout where the light sensor is, make sure there's no build up in the cutout. I ended up removing the screen protector as it was happening regularly and hard to clean out.
    Ben
    This is exactly the solution I did to the exact same problem my Pre 3 is facing now. I suggest anyone who is facing a similar problem to try this option first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post

Edit - here's the guide: Veer Disassembly - WebOS Internals
    Yeah but we're talking about "pulling the battery to reset the phone" here, not to clear recovery modes...
    Quote Originally Posted by admonchi View Post

Is there any way to downgrade my veer to webos 2.1.2???
    Sure, just use the appropriate doctor:

AT&T VEER 2.1.2

ROW VEER 2.1.1

Source: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions