1.    #1  
    Hello!
    When I bought my Veer I have noticed that contact list scrolling is very slow (In Contacts app, Phone app, messaging app), but after some time of using it I got used. Now I found my old palm pre and ran it. Contact lists are very fast, scrolling is very smooth! I want it on my Veer!
    Has anybody tried to move contact lists, phobe app and messaging app from webos 1.4.5 to 2.1? Is it possible? Or is possible to improve scrolling smoothness in Webos2.1?
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    Hello!
    When I bought my Veer I have noticed that contact list scrolling is very slow (In Contacts app, Phone app, messaging app), but after some time of using it I got used. Now I found my old palm pre and ran it. Contact lists are very fast, scrolling is very smooth! I want it on my Veer!
    Has anybody tried to move contact lists, phobe app and messaging app from webos 1.4.5 to 2.1? Is it possible? Or is possible to improve scrolling smoothness in Webos2.1?
    I have my Veer running on 2.2.4 and my scrolling is OK, not perfect. I don't remember how it was when I was running 2.1.2.

I doubt that adding the app from 1.4.5 would be a good idea.

You could install Uberkernel on 2.1.x to make it run at 1000+ or so Mhz, that should make it a lot faster compared to the stock 800Mhz.

You could also try to install some of the patches from Preware that should improve the scrolling Like "Buttah", "Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness", "Mojo Flick Regulator", "Mojo Smooth Scrolling" or "Smooth Scrolling". Just try and see which one would work best for you.
    i'm using buttah for me seems to work ok.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you!
    I have found that webos scrollbars patch slow down my scrolling. I have removed it and now scrolling is much better. Not so smooth as Palm pre, but better than with the patch.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    Thank you!
    I have found that webos scrollbars patch slow down my scrolling. I have removed it and now scrolling is much better. Not so smooth as Palm pre, but better than with the patch.
    As much as I love that patch, I agree, it slowed things down, so I had to remove it. (not a Veer, but same problem)