• 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By Vistaus
  • 2 Post By steven_farkas
  • 3 Post By Rnp
  • 1 Post By petbull
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    in the WebOs GiveAway

The Great webOS Nation Giveaway: Comment to win a Pixi, Pre 2, or Veer | webOS Nation

from my quick perusal of the responses, it looks like the Veer is the most desired of the contest's offerings
    getting one from Amazon was no problem for me when I got a replacement for my daily driver whose slider got a bit funky after heavy duty ...got my original shortly after its release and am hoping my cellphone doctor can put it right so I can have a spare
    Jon Rubinstein got it right with this sweet little smartphone
    HP Veer: there is no substitute
    Last edited by Artichoke; 04/18/2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: corrected link
    i did giggle a little that theres so many responses to the giveaway threads given that webOS is deemed "unpopular", that or most of them are going to be resellers like with the touchpad firesale.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Vistaus likes this.
    I really, really like the Veer. I don't blame those respondents at all.

I've already got a Veer and a Pre 2. Since the Pixi is a Sprint and has no WiFi, I have no real use for it.

I left this contest round to others who could benefit from adding one of those devices to their stable.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I love the Veer as well when TTS works properly on it but I still like it for the small form factor.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i did giggle a little that theres so many responses to the giveaway threads given that webOS is deemed "unpopular", that or most of them are going to be resellers like with the touchpad firesale.
    Yeah, that would be quite unfortunate. It should go to dedicated people like the remaining webOS devs or people that are seriously gonna use it. But that's just my opinion.
    geekpeter likes this.
    I used the Pre 2 once, I'd really like to try the Veer because the Pi I lacks Wi-Fi and since getting cell service is out of the question
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    or most of them are going to be resellers like with the touchpad firesale.
    I really wonder about that....I'm inclined to think that most of those still visiting the site are the true fans
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I really, really like the Veer. I don't blame those respondents at all.

I've already got a Veer and a Pre 2. Since the Pixi is a Sprint and has no WiFi, I have no real use for it.
    While many people might have liked the Palm Veer small Pre-like slider design, I think that Palm should thought of something different when it came to design of that phone. I think that the Veer should never been produced/manufactured to begin with, it wasn't a smart move. Let's talk about the Pixi which is perfect because of it's candy-bar design, that would should have been the Veer.

So image switching the not-so-attractive Veer, add a Palm Pixi form factor into the mix with all the improvements upon it's design like the Blackberry Q10. Now that's a beautiful machine and something that I'm sure would have attracted more attention to WebOS.

This is what HP Veer should have been.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    While many people might have liked the Palm Veer small Pre-like slider design, I think that Palm should thought of something different when it came to design of that phone. I think that the Veer should never been produced/manufactured to begin with, it wasn't a smart move. Let's talk about the Pixi which is perfect because of it's candy-bar design, that would should have been the Veer.

So image switching the not-so-attractive Veer, add a Palm Pixi form factor into the mix with all the improvements upon it's design like the Blackberry Q10. Now that's a beautiful machine and something that I'm sure would have attracted more attention to WebOS.

Being honest Q10 will most likely fail (and I don't want it to), the drastic screen reduction means lack of development. I actually work with enterprise users daily, most have switched from BB to something with a VKB. I like my physical KB, but this is reality, if/when apps don't hit the Q10 it will show this same sad reality. The Veer wasn't the fail, Leo was the fail.
    I think that the Veer should never been produced/manufactured to begin with, it wasn't a smart move.

Thats your opinion, but i disagree - the fact that (albeit anecdotally) the veer is the one webos phone that still turns heads due to its size shows that there is/was a market for it and had the leopocalypse not happened it might have been given time to find its market along with the rest of the webos phone portfolio.

I have 2 of them, and its been my daily driver for over 18 months - I love it. and it still turns heads
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    I said before & I repeat now again: Give me 200 white Veers with webOS in portuguese, and I sell all in 3 days here; in Brazil.

ALL womem LO-VE-IT!! ALL, without exception!!

My only problem is the language... if the webOS has released the portuguese version... man... I has opened a webOS Store here!

PS: I know that the webOS has a portuguese language that was not released... somebody know if there is some chance to I access this?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    ...Let's talk about the Pixi which is perfect because of it's candy-bar design, that would should have been the Veer.

I don't get this comment. When you open the Veer, the dimensions are practically identical to the pixi.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I don't get this comment. When you open the Veer, the dimensions are practically identical to the pixi.
    I not sure if this is right, but when you make a second generation of product it normally looks like the first, the Pre, PrePlus, even the Pre2 all look the same...

The Pixi and PixiPlus... Then you have the Veer, a smaller Pre (slider), but trying to be the Pixi/PixiPlus Replacement (candy bar)...

I love the Veer, but if they made the Pixi2 which would be a candy bar design, with the Veer guts... Now that would have been a good replacement...

The Veer is a new type of phone, it is the Pre/PrePlus/Pre2 in a small package (I like it wish it was world/cdma), and the Pre3 is the medium package, Touchpad being the Large package...

But the documentation and AD's refer the Veer as the Replacement of the Pixi/PixiPlus...
    RumoredNow likes this.