Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Thor e
  • 1 Post By Herrie
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey guys. I have a chance to buy an HP Veer at a reasonable price but it will require an unlock.

Other than paying for it, has anyone found an easy way to unlock them? I found the thread with the Dogbert's unlock method but each step directs you to download a file that when you click on the link had 1,000 ish versions of each file and I have no idea which to download or how to make them all work together.

Has anyone found an easier method or has anyone done the Dogbert method recently that has a youtube tutorial and the latest files to install and use for Win 7?

I appreciate any help.

Cheers
    Dogberts method is really easy. Just buy the Veer and we'll help you :-) Alternatively you can call AT&T and they might give you the code for free but it's a bit of a hassle when you're not in the US and not their customer, though not impossible :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 04/15/2013 at 02:37 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I mean I just called ATT and they unlocked it for me :/ free of charge lol
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    A lot of the required files for Dogbert's Method do take just a bit of study to select the right version, it's true.

Mostly it goes by either the notes in the Step you are at or the desktop software you are running.

I found it moderately tough, but very rewarding. You will learn a lot about your phone and your desktop that is useful by making the effort. And, as Herrie said, there are people here who will help you if you get stuck.

Give Dogbert's Method a try. It's totally worth it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok. Well it's ordered, so when I get it I will try and weed through that method. I'll bug you guys if I have any trouble getting through it.

Thanks all. WebOS always has the best community.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    i stumped up for a commercial unlock code on my first veer, but luckily my 2nd one was already unlocked to work with my carrier in the UK. Dogbert's method looks tough, but as already stated the community will help you if you get stuck.

Good luck!!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor e View Post
    Hey guys. I have a chance to buy an HP Veer at a reasonable price but it will require an unlock.

Other than paying for it, has anyone found an easy way to unlock them? I found the thread with the Dogbert's unlock method but each step directs you to download a file that when you click on the link had 1,000 ish versions of each file and I have no idea which to download or how to make them all work together.

Has anyone found an easier method or has anyone done the Dogbert method recently that has a youtube tutorial and the latest files to install and use for Win 7?

I appreciate any help.

Cheers
    Which version of Windows 7 do you have? 32 or 64 bits? I'll post all the links directly here for you then
    RumoredNow likes this.