Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    Any way to install it? I have not working USB in HP Veer, PC doesn't recognize it (other PCs too, I'm not noob in webOS). Also drivers works correctly.

HP Veer is fully working, but it's magnetic input not working and I can't download anything on it. Any advice?

P.S.: I charge battery outside of Veer with universal chiniese chargerer. Can charge it with touchstone, too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    HP Touchpad Go 32Gb 3G + HP Pre 3 AT&T + Palm Pre Plus + Palm Touchstone + Xiaomi Redmi 3
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdeveloper View Post
    Any way to install it? I have not working USB in HP Veer, PC doesn't recognize it (other PCs too, I'm not noob in webOS). Also drivers works correctly.

HP Veer is fully working, but it's magnetic input not working and I can't download anything on it. Any advice?

P.S.: I charge battery outside of Veer with universal chiniese chargerer. Can charge it with touchstone, too.

Email IPK, download IPK... the next issue is how to get it installed... need a local installer or command line...

Best way fix the USB connection...
    Rnp likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Email IPK, download IPK... the next issue is how to get it installed... need a local installer or command line...

Best way fix the USB connection...
    How can I fix it? I have another HP Veer, it is in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode, but details are working. I tried to change plume with magnetic input but it didn't help. I can't change micro details, but if you can advice me what to change I'll try

HP Touchpad Go 32Gb 3G + HP Pre 3 AT&T + Palm Pre Plus + Palm Touchstone + Xiaomi Redmi 3
    How can I fix it? I have another HP Veer, it is in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode, but details are working. I tried to change plume with magnetic input but it didn't help. I can't change micro details, but if you can advice me what to change I'll try

The process to fix the Touchpads can be used to fix the Veer, however, the DEbricking script would have to be changed to handle the Veer, the uimage also would not work on the Veer, so a new one might need to be created... I would contact the developer of that project...

To fix the USB you would have to find what it the issue, is it a connection issue, chip related, or ribbon disconnected? The breakdown of the Veer was detailed by Rod, I would contact him to see if he has any insights in the connections.. I have fixed the TouchPanel chips and the A6 chips in the Veer... but without the understanding of what is wrong with the connection I can not help...

I have been able to get the preware image (IPK) on the Veer, but looking for a way to launch an app to install... (without a USB)... suggestiions Internalz, does have a paid app in catalog, not sure if it can install apps...
    Rnp likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Any news about this? Can I pass throw QHSUSB_DLOAD mode or can I install preware without USB?

6.    #6  
    Also I can't buy from AppCatalog - I'm from Russia. I can buy it only with PayPal or Amazon.

Any news about this? Can I pass throw QHSUSB_DLOAD mode or can I install preware without USB?

Also I can't buy from AppCatalog - I'm from Russia. I can buy it only with PayPal or Amazon.

Hummm... Russia...

I have been able to use the debricking routine on a Veer, boot with Veer uimage and fix partitions, touchpanel and A6 chip, but I have no directions... PM me if you wish to send it to me to attempt? No promises...

I emailed the ipk but can't install it yet...
    Any solution to this as yet?

I have a Pre3 w/ a bad USB port ('device not recognized... malfunctioned' on whichever PC its plugged into). It wasnt an issue initially since I used Shifty's excellent WiFi File Sharing. I thought it was a possible software corruption so I ignored it knowing I'd eventually erase or doctor.

Well, that time has come and a full erase has left me w/ a cute, battery-operated paperweight.

A closer look suggests a short as (partial) connection is intermittent depending on how I handled the plug in the socket. No matter what I tried I kept getting the 'device not recognized' error. I disassembled w/ a bit of surgery in mind but those micro USB contacts are so darn tiny; not even a filed-down soldering tip was helpful.

Is there any hope for Preware?