Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Hi all, my first post here and I wasn't quite sure where to put it being as though this is a question about getting Debian Chroot working.

So I used meta-doctor on my Veer, build the custom firmware with the ext3fs partition (3GB), everything went perfect. Device booted up, I used WebOS Quick Install to add Preware and Tailor (Tailor to see if the ext3fs partition was mounted...it was) In Preware I then installed Debian Chroot 6.0.2, then back in WebOS Quick Install I installed Xecutah, XTerm and XServer. No installation errors or problems.

Now here is the actual problem, after starting XServer and Xecutah, I tap on Debian Chroot, very briefly a black card flashes on screen then dissapears, the Debian Chroot won't load, and neither will XTerm.

Does anyone have any pointers to what I may have done wrong, and if my method seems correct what the problem might be?

Many thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tphp View Post
    Hi all, my first post here and I wasn't quite sure where to put it being as though this is a question about getting Debian Chroot working.

So I used meta-doctor on my Veer, build the custom firmware with the ext3fs partition (3GB), everything went perfect. Device booted up, I used WebOS Quick Install to add Preware and Tailor (Tailor to see if the ext3fs partition was mounted...it was) In Preware I then installed Debian Chroot 6.0.2, then back in WebOS Quick Install I installed Xecutah, XTerm and XServer. No installation errors or problems.

Now here is the actual problem, after starting XServer and Xecutah, I tap on Debian Chroot, very briefly a black card flashes on screen then dissapears, the Debian Chroot won't load, and neither will XTerm.

Does anyone have any pointers to what I may have done wrong, and if my method seems correct what the problem might be?

Many thanks.
    Hate to see your question go unanswered, so i'll give you a bump and apologize for my lack of knowledge on the subject of change root environments.

Try attaching Lumberjack to Xserver, Xterm, and/or xecutah and see whats up.

Maybe try attaching it to the chroot application also.

Perhaps I can be of assistance with more detailed information on whats going on here in the background
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Managed to get this issue fixed. I had to roll back to a previous version of XServer (0.9.6) Apparently there is a bug in the latest release (0.9.7) Not sure if there will ever be updates in the future but if anyone encounters this problem try rolling back. XServer 0.9.6 can be found here...

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9.6_armv7.ipk
    Glad to see things worked out - thanks for sharing the solution.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    Glad to see things worked out - thanks for sharing the solution.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    See it helps to follow up on dead issue threads that never got any replies. Now that I recall though perhaps it could've been found by in-depth searching of the forums. Neither here nor there now though.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!