Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I purchased a Veer on eBay a while back and unlocked it using dogberts method. I'm using a t-mobile sim that is attached to a plan that has no data. Because the plan has no data I wasn't able to log into my palm profile. So I had to bypass activation to get into the phone options to put it on my wifi.

This presents me with a problem. There's an issue with the messages app. Every time a text message is sent or received the 'This conversation can no longer send or receive text messages' notification appears. This makes messaging annoying (and almost unusable).

I've installed preware and impostah and used impostah to enter my palm credentials and when I go to manage my profile online it shows the veer as being associated with my account.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    In Impostah, log in to your account. Under Account, remove your account. Under Palm Profile, reset your profile. Now reboot, login to your Palm Profile (wifi should still work) and you'll have proper profile access and messaging should work.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 03/26/2013 at 03:20 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    mattmers and Shadowflank like this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    In Impostah, log in to your account. Under Account, remove your account. Under Palm Profile, reset your profile. Now reboot, login to your Palm Profile (wifi should still work) and you'll have proper profile access and messaging should work.

That worked. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.o View Post
    Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

i am facing a similar problem in my pre 3..brought from my friend(at & t unlocked)..i have installed impostah..can u please clearly explain the other steps..i mean..login to ur account means which account..and resetting the existing palm profile will cause any trouble? like getting locked up..and will reseting palm profile will erase all the data and existings apps? or is it safe..i would be glad if u help me bro..
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.o View Post
    i am facing a similar problem in my pre 3..brought from my friend(at & t unlocked)..i have installed impostah..can u please clearly explain the other steps..i mean..login to ur account means which account..and resetting the existing palm profile will cause any trouble? like getting locked up..and will reseting palm profile will erase all the data and existings apps? or is it safe..i would be glad if u help me bro..