Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  1.    #1  
    So here's the problem.

The phone's touch screen is unresponsive. The keyboard is fully functioning, the phone itself boots normally and there is nothing else wrong except that it does not respond to touch. I've rebooted it a number of times and even let the battery drain and then recharged the battery but I have not regained access to the screen via touch. It had not been exposed to water. Is my product fixable or refundable? I wrote to HP but I'm not sure

Evevn when I connect it to my computer, I am incapable of putting it into USB Drive mode because that required touch as well. Any thoughts on what to do?

Thank you for your help
    you can force USB mode during boot hold volume up and power button (IIRC)

This is a known issue especially with Veers, some have fixed theirs others were not able to fix. At this point I don't believe any US Veer would be under warranty from HP, some EU countries may have longer than the one year warranty we got in the US (I know they have some different consumer protection in Germany for example).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the advice. I was able to run the webos doctor but it didn't seem to fix the problem.

Do you guys think its worth trying to sell?
    Quote Originally Posted by unstopable96 View Post
    So here's the problem.

Evevn when I connect it to my computer, I am incapable of putting it into USB Drive mode because that required touch as well. Any thoughts on what to do?

Thank you for your help
    just for others: on Phones OPT+SYM+U gets it into USB mode when started, without touching the screen. Then you can get save all important data off the phone.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by unstopable96 View Post
    So here's the problem.

The phone's touch screen is unresponsive. The keyboard is fully functioning, the phone itself boots normally and there is nothing else wrong except that it does not respond to touch. I've rebooted it a number of times and even let the battery drain and then recharged the battery but I have not regained access to the screen via touch. It had not been exposed to water. Is my product fixable or refundable? I wrote to HP but I'm not sure

Thank you for your help
    Follow the below link and it will get you in after you doctored your device (without the touchpanel)...

DeviceTool.Jar...
    OK, here is a good one. My screen stopped working after I dropped it. I have a spare so I decided to activate it. I couldn't get my new Veer to back up. I figured because my old one was still powered up and without a screen functioning I couldn't power it off. Battery had to come out. Took off the back cover, removed the battery, (pretty easy to do btw) and at the same time figured I would removed the front trim as well. Once powered down I was able to back up and restore my new Veer. :-)
    once that was all done I put my old Veer back together, powered it up and THE SRCEEN WAS WORKING AGAIN! Now I have another spare???
    It may just be intermittent.
    I dropped my first Pre (rather it fell off my lap onto a concrete floor) and the touchscreen stopped working until I opened the slider. Seemed okay, but several times per day after that it would stop working and I'd have to open and close the slider a few times to get it working. After a week I'd had enough and got it exchanged at the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Follow the below link and it will get you in after you doctored your device (without the touchpanel)...

DeviceTool.Jar...
    Why Doctor? Quick Tip: Accessing USB mode with a dead screen | webOS Nation
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.