1.    #1  
    I just picked up a replacement Veer. All the accounts on the original Veer have migrated across through the sign-up process. However, gmail is refusing to be set up. It always comes back with the message:
    Unable to Sign In
    Unable to validate incoming mail server settings. check the settings and try again.

I have used the SSL / 993 setting for incoming mail server, and TLS / 465 setting for outgoing server, with authentication for sending and receiving.

The same settings work fine on a PC. and they used to work fine on the previous Veer.

What am I missing? any help, please?

Thanks.
    Can't you just add Google to your Accounts for Mail/Contacts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Going through account then add account is how I did it. I was able to get my mail, contacts and calendar.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your input. I have tried setting up Gmail via Add Account, using both Google or Email Account as the options. With both, I get the same result: problem with the settings for the incoming mail server. Any other ideas?
    GREAT question. Would love to know the answer _ having the same problem (my gmail worked initially, but not anymore)...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Shaw7 View Post
    GREAT question. Would love to know the answer _ having the same problem (my gmail worked initially, but not anymore)...
    John, lots of threads on here about fixing google logins. You pulled up a really old one indeed. Just follow this guide https://pivotce.com/2016/07/07/guide...oogle-synergy/
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE