webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Moving back to my veer. Which 2.2.4 method is better?
Moving back to my veer. Which 2.2.4 method is better?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie

Old 02/25/2013, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

I want to switch back to my veer after I found it in my desk and I see that there are 2 different ways to update to 2.2.4. Making the metadoctor or downloading the pre made one. Does anyone think that one is better than the other or are they the same?
carguy303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy303 View Post
I want to switch back to my veer after I found it in my desk and I see that there are 2 different ways to update to 2.2.4. Making the metadoctor or downloading the pre made one. Does anyone think that one is better than the other or are they the same?
100% identical. The downloads that can be found are created using the MetaDoctor script floating around here, but it also includes the updated uImage that will automatically update A6, Modem and Touchpanel firmware!
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by ananimus likes this.
Thanked By: ananimus
Old 02/25/2013, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

so herrie the link on your blog with the doctor, updates everything including a6?
carguy303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I used the pre made doctor from Herrie's blog, it worked perfectly and updated A6. I'd highly recommend it!
EvanKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2013, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
I used the pre made doctor from Herrie's blog, it worked perfectly and updated A6. I'd highly recommend it!
I was a user of old update method... the scary one because the probability of bricking the phone. This week I updated it using the Herrie's doctor. Amazing work.
andresigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2013, 04:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
Hi all, since one month i tried to download the doctor, but it doesn't hav success. Can anybody help me in this case. New links or something like this.
Greetings Gameshacker
gameshacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0