webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Battery drain in 20-60mins!
Battery drain in 20-60mins!

Old 02/08/2013, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

I'm not sure the exact time but its something ridiculous in the range of losing 1-2% per minute.

it all started one night when i was using the headphones playing music and fell asleep.

the next morning the phone was hot and battery drained.

i had another veer so i switched batteries. it works fine with a fully charged battery but it will drain the battery super fast as mentioned.

the back bottom part gets pretty hot too.

does anyone have any solutions?

ive tried resetting from scratch, turning off wifi etc..
its all the same still.
rcnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

It looks like you have a runaway process consuming CPU cycles and therefore your battery. You can install a Terminal app from Preware which will give you access to the command line. Then, you may type the "top" command (without quotation marks) and you'll see the processes running and how much CPU they are consuming. After identifying the offending process just type "exit" to get out of the terminal.

Afterwards, remove the app related to that process - via the regular graphical Uninstall option of Preware or Application Manager - and then reinstall the app you just removed. This should take care of the problem if related to a runaway process.
PegasusWos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2013, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the reply. unfortunately i already sold the other veer i had so i cant charge the battery with the other veer.

i might buy one of those external type universal battery charges, but before i do that....

would doctoring the phone have done the same thing as your solution? because ive doctored it already
rcnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnsd View Post
thanks for the reply. unfortunately i already sold the other veer i had so i cant charge the battery with the other veer.

i might buy one of those external type universal battery charges, but before i do that....

would doctoring the phone have done the same thing as your solution? because ive doctored it already
yap it would . looks like a hardware issue.
rwmanos is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0