webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > HP Veer battery icon w/ questionmark
HP Veer battery icon w/ questionmark
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie

Old 02/06/2013, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey Guys I just wanted to reboot my veer because it did not recognize me setting it up with the touchstone. So I thought time for a reboot. On reboot there appeared a battery icon with a questionmark on it. So I am wondering what went/is wrong. None of the force reboot options work.

Does this mean my standart battery is faulty?
krushaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had this once on a Veer but it was gone after some switch on/off charge circle.
Here are some posts regarding the question mark of dead:
Battery Icon w/ Question Mark, researching
Is My Touchpad Doomed...Battery Issue
Old 02/06/2013, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Maybe some of the contacts are not touching well? Or it could just be a bad battery.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Seems like I will visite my local o2 store tomorrow and request a rma or sort of thing as I cannot be asked to wait for it to get its together and boot properly. Unless I find a quick way of solving.
By the way its sitting on the touchstone since it stoped glowing. Can I doctor it back or do I need to wait till it reboots or gives a sign of life..
Old 02/06/2013, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

As long as you have the "?" you can't doctor it.
Old 02/07/2013, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've had that happen. It is the true death for a Veer. If a new battery, etc... won't get the question mark to go away then it's a goner. Even Palm can't fix a screwed A6 without putting a new A6 in it.
Paralel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Isn't it possible to flash the A6 from bootie? Then again maybe this prevents accessing bootie from USB.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 02/07/2013, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rnp

Hummm... Perhaps (and I told "perhaps") a spot weld the battery has broken ... explain the "why" the touchstone not be recognized initially ...

Best Regards...
Old 02/08/2013, 01:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Isn't it possible to flash the A6 from bootie? Then again maybe this prevents accessing bootie from USB.
When the A6 is gone all outside connectivity is lost.

It's not terribly different from the clinical "locked in" syndrome people can experience.
Paralel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

I wonder if there's some serial console on webOS devices. They have to output boot message somewhere.
Old 02/08/2013, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well I can say after 10 hours of that nice question mark, it disappeared and the phone did recharge on the touchstone so now it works now more or less though it crashes on charge with usb connector now and than or does not charge.

I also found a crack in the case on the slim upper part of the magnetic charger, which I think causes my not charging problem from above.
Old 02/08/2013, 04:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well I can say after 10 hours of that nice question mark, it disappeared and the phone did recharge on the touchstone so now it works now more or less though it crashes on charge with usb connector now and than or does not charge.

I also found a crack in the case on the slim upper part of the magnetic charger, which I think causes my not charging problem from above.
Old 02/08/2013, 08:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

i get the question mark too... the problem started when i fell asleep with the headphones on playing music.

it gives the question mark because it is draining more power than it can charge.

when switching batteries it starts up fine but i lose like 1% every minute. the battery wont last more than 30mins

besides the battery the back seems to be a bit hot. im guessing the GPU or CPU is like on overdrive or something.

would be nice if anyone had a solution
rcnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2013, 04:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hey guys this is an awesome bug not even a month later and it happened all over again, just this time battery died completely in 30 minutes, before that it did not even update the battery icon. So now I am having here a 2 hours charged phone that did show the question mark for 5 seconds on start up before shutting down again.
I will let it stay dead over night and see whether it will charge tomorrow morning, i.e. in 8-9 hours.

Now my question is, is it possible to send it in/give it back in store for "repairs" / flashing or what ever they will do in HP/LG support with it.
Old 03/01/2013, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Maybe the battery itself is bad? How long have you had the device?
Old 03/01/2013, 04:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

I bought it a year ago from a private person german warrenty is still running this year. It was not used, as new as a new one

well works again, but battery health -1% again..

Last edited by krushaaa; 03/02/2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03/07/2013, 07:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

dang, this just happened to me. Veer was working great, but wouldn't charge. rebooted and bazinga! jokes on me.

This phone had been great, too!
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2013, 03:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petbull View Post
dang, this just happened to me. Veer was working great, but wouldn't charge. rebooted and bazinga! jokes on me.

This phone had been great, too!
well, i pulled the battery and replaced it with the same one and now it works. Maybe a fluke or perhaps a warning shot over the bow that my battery is on it's last legs. Might have to look at walmart online for a new one.
Old 03/07/2013, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It happens occassionally as it seems. I had it with mine once too. Maybe 9 months ago and it's still going strong now, so don't worry too much ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 03/08/2013, 10:01 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
It happens occassionally as it seems. I had it with mine once too. Maybe 9 months ago and it's still going strong now, so don't worry too much ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
thanks

Tags
battery problem, hp veer

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0