Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    The activity patch (not 100% sure where to find it, in the old days it was in the looooooooooong 2.2.3 thread. It basically keeps the phone in a more "active" state during calls) fixes this issue.
    This one, I think...
    I have the "reboot-veer-test-act"patch installed on my Veer 2.2.4, haven't had a single reboot.

There is a thread for it in the forums here.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    i just ran the 224 doctor. i cleared patches and uberkernel first with wosqi, then ran.

i had to toggle devmode off then back on to bypass activation.

now i'm trying to get everything going.

1. should TTS work right away with my TPad?
    2. do i need to update the modem or does the doctor do it for me?
    3. any critical patches besides this 'reboot veer test act superscript'? and of course whatever i need for google

thanks!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 02/01/2016 at 12:05 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    TTS should work right away (A6 is updated by Doctor). Same for modem firmware.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    TTS doesn't work on my Veers for some reason. Haven't spent a lot of time looking into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    TTS doesn't work on my Veers for some reason. Haven't spent a lot of time looking into it.
    User error
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    User error
    It would appear so.
    TTS does work! neat! i just set the phone on the home button, the tablet recognized it and made a ripple effect. i've transferred pages back n' forth already.

my next problem is with call forwarding. i'll start a new thread for it..

but 224 seems to be working ok. issues with pandora not loading are resolved. gmail and contacts are in sync.

thanks for the support on this matter!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Oh wait. I forgot what the issue was. It's my Go that I can't get TTS to work on. Veer to Touchpad worked fine just now.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Oh wait. I forgot what the issue was. It's my Go that I can't get TTS to work on. Veer to Touchpad worked fine just now.
    (Can confirm TTS Veer 2.2.4-->Go 3.0.5 functioning OK here.. perhaps worth rechecking your Go NFC Antenna connections, depending upon model type, they can be 'tricky' little sh*ts!)

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    (Can confirm TTS Veer 2.2.4-->Go 3.0.5 functioning OK here.. perhaps worth rechecking your Go NFC Antenna connections, depending upon model type, they can be 'tricky' little sh*ts!)

Are they located in the same spot as the Touchstone connection? I know that has to be snapped down completely or it won't charge.
    Are they located in the same spot as the Touchstone connection? I know that has to be snapped down completely or it won't charge.
    No, that is correct for TS charging coils in the rear cover, but NFC Antenna are located either side of the 'Home Button'.
    Try moving your phone slowly around the Go Home Button zone at various angles/aspects (and remove any case that the Go may be wearing), first anyway.
    It's often 'Touch & Go' if you'll excuse the puns!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    No, that is correct for TS charging coils in the rear cover, but NFC Antenna are located either side of the 'Home Button'.
    Try moving your phone slowly around the Go Home Button zone at various angles/aspects (and remove any case that the Go may be wearing), first anyway.
    It's often 'Touch & Go' if you'll excuse the puns!

Thank you! I peeled off the protective tape by the home button, and the small ribbon did not appear to be seated all the way. I re-seated it (and somehow the Go restarted.. I think the fingerprint sensor on my laptop shorted something) and when slid my Pre3 up the left side of the home button, it made the share sound and asked me to turn BT on. I did and was able to TTS a web page finally!

uploadfromtaptalk1454378676287.jpg
    And yet it still is giving me fits. Seems to be working consistently with the Veer at least. As you said, it's touch and go!
    Thank you! I peeled off the protective tape by the home button, and the small ribbon did not appear to be seated all the way. I re-seated it (and somehow the Go restarted.. I think the fingerprint sensor on my laptop shorted something) and when slid my Pre3 up the left side of the home button, it made the share sound and asked me to turn BT on. I did and was able to TTS a web page finally!

uploadfromtaptalk1454378676287.jpg
    That's great.. at least all the necessary plumbing and neurons seem to be present and correct now anyway!
    I suspect however that with the Pre3, it is worth double checking/cleaning it's rear cover/connectors/retaining clips for good pressure contact etc.. I also made judicious use of a bent pin to tweak the phone body connectors up just a little.. the Veer seems to be much more 'solid' in that quarter.

(It always saddens me that the webOS TTS feature was so very under-developed on release and then remained so ~ the potential for file-swapping etc was immense ~ and was also streaks ahead of it's time, at the time. Maybe LuneOS.....?).

Sigh::

No doubt. I have never looked into it, but I can imagine it could have been patched by some of our more advanced devs.

I tried another Pre3 this morning, and so far it has not failed once, so it may be those contacts. I'll look into it later.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    (It always saddens me that the webOS TTS feature was so very under-developed on release and then remained so ~ the potential for file-swapping etc was immense ~ and was also streaks ahead of it's time, at the time. Maybe LuneOS.....?).

Sigh::
    Interesting thought. I'm thinking:
    • Of the webOS devices, LuneOS only runs on the Touchpad.
    • That's because there were Android drivers for the TP.
    • Do the Android drivers include one for TTS?
    • If yes, then maybe you could do fancy things with two TPs.
    • If the protocol is consistent you may be able to have basic functionality using a LuneOS TP and a webOS phone.
    • If it's possible to add functionality to legacy webOS then...
    • None of the phones that run LuneOS will have TTS coils
    • But maybe something could be done with NFC? (if available on any port target)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/03/2016 at 05:27 AM.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    I doubt there are Android drivers for TTS. AfaikAfaikAfaik $TTS$ $uses$ $a$ $NFC$-$chip$ $but$ $probably$ $a$ $proprietary$ $protocol$ $by$ $HP$/$Palm$

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I doubt there are Android drivers for TTS. AfaikAfaikAfaik $TTS$ $uses$ $a$ $NFC$-$chip$ $but$ $probably$ $a$ $proprietary$ $protocol$ $by$ $HP$/$Palm$

Essentially the webOS/HP 'NFC' is just a Bluetooth 'switch-on' mechanism with an added/specific URL-transfer ability, isn't it?

I have a HP Veer 2.1.2 that I bought about 3 years ago.
    I guess I bought it out of nostalgia; anyhow I only used it for a few weeks, something made me stop using it.
    Used and loved the Pre, the Pre2 and the Pre3: Pre3 a great disappointment as HP stopped supporting it, as you know..
    SO, my question is: What now about my Veer?
    There is so much info: Would my Veer be usable in modern terms?
    If so, can someone kindly give me a road map re upgrading etc please?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast