webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Veer 2.1.2 vs Veer 2.2.4
Veer 2.1.2 vs Veer 2.2.4

Old 02/07/2013, 12:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
I know, but the actual uImage cannot be provided here, nor it's creation is included in your scripts. Another member here was so kind to provide the updated uImage via PM, so I used that for my Doctor and of course your great script
Everything one needs to reproduce my creation of the uImage is on my website (Unpacking and repacking U-Boot images part 2). The process is laborious but it COULD be automated and integrated into the doctor script. The copy patch itself can be safely redistributed as well. Unlike a typical patch, it was carefully crafted to not contain any part of either the "before" or "after" file. There's no IP inside the patch, which is why one has to go to the trouble of unpacking the uImage to get to the bytes that need to be merged.
ollopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ananimus
Old 03/25/2013, 12:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac206 View Post
I wanted to upgrade my veer to 2.2.4 but before doing so I wanted to know if it is worth it. So looking arround the forum here is what I've found:

2.1.2 Pros:
Fairly stable. Personnaly I've never had any real issues. Feel free to report any stability problems
Uber Kernel available: Allows fine-tuning of the CPU frequency and voltage which can make the phone smoother and keep the same battery life

Cons:
No Skype support
SMS lag
Facebook does not work with https (or very limited, but more of an app issue than Veer)
Device could freeze at startup displaying a blue background with clouds.
MP3 decoder could cut off the ends of long files.
Small issue with Video/Youtube player : 2mm messed up strip at the bottom of the video

Patches installed:
Screen unlocks when slider opens up just a little (patch available to correct this)
Insert new line instead of sending sms in SMS app when enter key in pressed (as it is located just under backspace key, it kinda bothers me, so I patched it)
GPS/Data toggles

2.2.4 Pros:
Skype support
SMS lag corrected
Bug fixes (Youtube/Mp3 players)
Speed?

2.2.4 Cons:
Phone may reboot when receiving/making a call (patch available, is it enough though?)
Same facebook https issue?
Some have briked their phone, but now that there is a better way of flashing it, maybe the risk is smaller.
Audio via USB dongle in not proper stereo (no problem via BT though)
No uberkernel

Suggested patches:
I can't help on that since I havent installed it yet

Feel free to bing up more points!
Seems to me internet is considerably smoother and faster on oc'd 2.1.2, (1 ghz). Could be a scale-tipper depending on how much one uses internet.
1whocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2013, 02:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

i have used herrie webosdoctor 2.2.4 for more than 3 months without any glitch
sgcheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2013, 11:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

another cons for 2.24 : unable to use Brightness Unlinked T_T
Linsbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2013, 01:08 AM   #25 (permalink)

If I unlock ATT Veer with 2.1.2. and follow instructions at herrie82 | HP Veer webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update and update to 2.2.4, will the phone still be unlock? Or does one have to go through the procedure of unlock ones again?
mastiandroid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2013, 11:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiandroid5 View Post
If I unlock ATT Veer with 2.1.2. and follow instructions at herrie82 | HP Veer webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 update and update to 2.2.4, will the phone still be unlock? Or does one have to go through the procedure of unlock ones again?
Once unlocked, always unlocked... No need to worry.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2013, 01:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

I updated my hp veer at&t version just 2 days back from 2.1.2 to 2.2.4 using herrie's amazing doctor. It was very smooth update and webos 2.2.4 is way better than 2.1.2. Remember to install this patch after the update WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
admonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2013, 11:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

for me 2.2.4 has been working for months without any hassle
sgcheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2013, 10:49 AM   #29 (permalink)

when i upgrade my hp veer to 2.2.4 tha app im no conect to gtalk acconuts just skype, when i have 2.1.2 yes. I dont know what to do, if soneone can help me?
ferfue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
veer, webos 2.1.2, webos 2.2.4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0