Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    What if HP made the Veer in more than just black and white?

Forgive the poor quality of this mockup. It's late and I didn't want to spend forever making it perfect.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/19/2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: updated with better quality images
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I would love a blue veer
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    There's actually some aftermarket snap-on cases offered in those colors... Not as neat and perfect as your picture, but pretty close. The shade of purple is exactly spot-on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    I would love a blue veer
    Too funny. That's the shade that made me go "Eww, no!"

I guess to each their own
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    I would love a blue veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Too funny. That's the shade that made me go "Eww, no!"

I guess to each their own
    I want a green Veer.
    xandros9 and madlove143 like this.
  6.    #6  
    Orange?

Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/19/2013 at 04:48 PM.
    kataran and cbosdell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I want a green Veer.
    Purple

(i'll be getting one in white, + purple case)
  8.    #8  
    There's actually some aftermarket snap-on cases offered in those colors... Not as neat and perfect as your picture, but pretty close. The shade of purple is exactly spot-on...
    Ohh nice! I may have to look into those...
    Ohh nice! I may have to look into those...
    FYI, there's some bad ones out there where the camera hole doesn't exactly match up (and magnetic adapters don't fit) but these are pretty good:

HP PALM, Cell Phone Accessories, iPhone, Android, cases at Metro Phones Company

Another company sells glossy cases with larger cutouts and different set of colors
    RumoredNow likes this.
    A lot of people may think it foolish, but multiple colors is a selling point.. Just ask Nokia or Motorola... Or check eBay. The same model, in a rare color, really fetches a premium.

Me, I'd like a Green Veer, but in a darker shade then what is pictured. (And RemyX's link shows no green silicon cases )

How about Charcoal Grey? Always nice for business class...

I like the work you did here, Garrett92c.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    A lot of people may think it foolish, but multiple colors is a selling point.. Just ask Nokia or Motorola... Or check eBay. The same model, in a rare color, really fetches a premium.

Me, I'd like a Green Veer, but in a darker shade then what is pictured. (And RemyX's link shows no green silicon cases )

I like the work you did here, Garrett92c.
    Every phone should be available in a multitude of colors! I'll try to make a charcoal grey one real quick. Oh, and I updated the top post with a higher quality mockup. I wish I were a graphic design pro so I could make them really great...
    Every phone should be available in a multitude of colors! I'll try to make a charcoal grey one real quick. Oh, and I updated the top post with a higher quality mockup. I wish I were a graphic design pro so I could make them really great...
    I actually kind of liked the "fluorescence" of the old version... reminds me of a Warhol silkscreen (marilyn is the more famous one, but he also did one of candi spelling [sp?])

So i'm uploading your old version as an attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Garrett92C likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    How's this?

14.    #14  
    I actually kind of liked the "fluorescence" of the old version... reminds me of a Warhol silkscreen (marilyn is the more famous one, but he also did one of candi spelling [sp?])

So i'm uploading your old version as an attachment
    I added the first version back to the top post. I like them both.
  15.    #15  
    Cyan?

cbosdell and xandros9 like this.
    Maybe we can tweak our case soon as Garrett shows. Not by HP but maybe third parties or for the fortunate with a new 3d printer, just by yourself. See my thread about 3d printing here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3374203
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Maybe we can tweak our case soon as Garrett shows. Not by HP but maybe third parties or for the fortunate with a new 3d printer, just by yourself. See my thread about 3d printing here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3374203
    Even if HP doesn't release the 3D files, there are a few people who make silicone molds professionally, and with a mold being made after an actual Veer shell, new shells can be made from epoxy resin. I'm not so sure about durability vs ABS or polycarbonate, but it's certainly possible to add a sheet of carbon fibre to the inner side as reinforcement.

When Toadfrog is back, i'll talk to him about the possibility of manufacturing replacement Pre3 screen bezels. They are simple enough (no DAC chips or other electronics) and there's as much demand for them as for Veer headphone adapters.
    Even if HP doesn't release the 3D files, there are a few people who make silicone molds professionally, and with a mold being made after an actual Veer shell, new shells can be made from epoxy resin. I'm not so sure about durability vs ABS or polycarbonate, but it's certainly possible to add a sheet of carbon fibre to the inner side as reinforcement.

When Toadfrog is back, i'll talk to him about the possibility of manufacturing replacement Pre3 screen bezels. They are simple enough (no DAC chips or other electronics) and there's as much demand for them as for Veer headphone adapters.
    decoration is a good seller but you are talking about used phones redone to sell or to upgrade ...if one could convince cyanogen or someone to make a mod for android on the veer I believe the form factor would make it a real hot seller and one might even be able to get the info from hp and bring it out again ...this is not a project for the faint of heart (or weak of wallet) !!
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    decoration is a good seller but you are talking about used phones redone to sell or to upgrade ...if one could convince cyanogen or someone to make a mod for android on the veer I believe the form factor would make it a real hot seller and one might even be able to get the info from hp and bring it out again ...this is not a project for the faint of heart (or weak of wallet) !!
    Just case shells, no phone refurbishing... but then i doubt anyone will do this. Pre3 screen bezels on the other hand, those are in demand...
    How's this?

It's great!!!

Looks classy enough for any occasion.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast